Is phosphate treatment my final answer???

Meghan,

Keep in mind that vacuuming to waste will remove water from your pool. You never want your water to get below the mouth of the skimmer, so you may have to vacuum, add water, vacuum some more, add water.. etc.

It would also be important to know where the waste water is going to go...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Do a practice run before adding so you know what to expect and that the waste setting works. Post a pic of the equipment so we can see of you need to attach a hose to the MPV, it's hard piped to the yard or sewer, or you have enough space to let it fly right from the filter.
Pics attached (2 more coming..it is only letting me add the equip first). Vac is an old gal inhereited from the previous owner.527F8D10-BF0E-43E6-8E91-5FEBF4646D22.jpeg611C0182-EC47-4253-A1D9-5FCF9137977A.jpeg

Pics attached (2 more coming..it is only letting me add the equip first). Vac is an old gal inhereited from the previous owner.
Hmmm other photos are saying they are too large. So that’s frustrating. But the backwash line flows right out downhill towards neighbors yard. It’s fine for a quick backwash but I’m concerned about a long waste process. There is a sewer drain between me and my neighbor but it’s no less than like 50 yards away

OK so the blue hose stretches out somewhere that the water can drain the rest of the way by itself.

Set the hose up wherever it goes for good drainage, turn the pump off, move the valve to waste, and turn the pump back on. Water will exit through the hose instead of going back to the pool. When you're done, pump off, return to your regular setting on the MPV, and fire up the pump.

You'll lose water height pretty quick so be prepared as Jim said to fill back up when the time comes.

Give it a try so you know it works first.

So it seems like it’s going to work how I assumed, but my neighborhoods yard and no good place for the water to go is my concern. Hmm…starting to wonder if I should scrap the idea.

So it seems like it’s going to work how I assumed, but my neighborhoods yard and no good place for the water to go is my concern. Hmm…starting to wonder if I should scrap the idea.
Wait just a tick! So the pool equipment years ago used to be right next to the house and when a heavy rain would come it would cause flooding. The previous owners had it moved several feet over and had a drain installed. Could this drain handle that kind of flow?

Attachments

• C8CB4137-23BD-4A48-BF40-674A288707B5.jpeg
    C8CB4137-23BD-4A48-BF40-674A288707B5.jpeg
    778.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 1937625C-856C-4A2A-9A99-414EBB9C2882.jpeg
    1937625C-856C-4A2A-9A99-414EBB9C2882.jpeg
    698.5 KB · Views: 13
The previous owners had it moved several feet over and had a drain installed. Could this drain handle that kind of flow
Where does it go ? The street ? The street sewer ? A dry well ? Down to the neighbors anyway ? :ROFLMAO:

The length of the blue hose is suspicious if they knew that drain was there. Or they never put 2+2 together.

Pop the drain cap and see how big the pipe is. It should be 2+ inches. Stick a hose in and wait a while to see if water comes out anywhere in the yard.

Where does it go ? The street ? The street sewer ? A dry well ? Down to the neighbors anyway ? :ROFLMAO:

The length of the blue hose is suspicious if they knew that drain was there. Or they never put 2+2 together.

Pop the drain cap and see how big the pipe is. It should be 2+ inches. Stick a hose in and wait a while to see if water comes out anywhere in the yard.
@Newdude @Jimrahbe that is the question…where DOES it go? Will investigate

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@JoyfulNoise are you around ? I was just PM'd that we probably don't need to vac to waste with Orenda and the filter can handle it.

The fine particles of lanthanum phosphate formed don’t settle quickly. You’re better off adding the phosphate remover and then filtering for 48 hours (that’s what I do). Then backwash or clean the filter. You don’t want to wait on the backwash part as lanthanum phosphate can breakdown slowly over time and release phosphates. Add product, filter, backwash … that’s it.

Just to prepare myself should tomorrow’s numbers seal my fate, where would you suggest purchasing a replacement IC-40 from?
I bought one of these to replace my failed IC40 last month. It works great and is a straight drop in replacement for the Pentair, except it doesn't interface with Intellitouch.

It actually produces far more chlorine than the Pentair. I'm still trying to get my FC slowly dialed down.

Reactions: Meghanfoss
The fine particles of lanthanum phosphate formed don’t settle quickly. You’re better off adding the phosphate remover and then filtering for 48 hours (that’s what I do). Then backwash or clean the filter. You don’t want to wait on the backwash part as lanthanum phosphate can breakdown slowly over time and release phosphates. Add product, filter, backwash … that’s it.
Sounds like we have a plan!! Tomorrow…we ride! During this process I can still add liquid chlorine as needed right? With my cell not working effectively, don’t want my FC to get low. Thanks!

Reactions: Newdude
Final questions:

1) safe to swim during phosphate treatment, cloudy water aside? Toddler has a half day at daycare today and temps will be close to 90s. Wondering if I can start now (won’t be home for another 4 hours) or just wait till end of day.

2) what should I be doing with the SWG - Just completely turn off sanitizer output and rely on LC until water is cleared back up and backwashed? Then turn it back on to 100% and see what shakes?

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.