Is my SWCG working right?

I will definately do that. He really does not want anything to do with the pool. But I am comfortable with it. The equipment issues such as the SWG not functioning are what I need a pool person for.

He doesn’t want anything to do with the pool except he does want to pick the pool guy you need to use. Hmmm ... guess that is for a different forum.

Reactions: splashpad
On 2/18- Pool person adamant he does not want me to add any chlorine whatsoever. Claims it screws up the SWG COMPUTER!!

sg,

Sorry, but your pool guy does not really know much about SWCG systems.. The SWCG system has no idea what the actual chlorine level is.. It only makes the amount of chlorine you tell it.. You are the SWCG system's brain or computer... It has no way to measure the chlorine level..

The only option that I see here is to get rid of the pool guy... and maybe your husband... :)

Jim R.

Oh Sharky :hug: you poor thing! You just can't find a good pool guy :( DARN! I am going to remind everyone why you need to find someone you can trust to work on and care for the equipment-she does not live in the house full time. She needs someone she can trust to evaluate the workings of all of the equipment and adjust or fix as needed.

Okay here you go as far as what to do now:
-fire this pool guy tomorrow-he has already done more harm than good. The only good thing about the mess he made is the fact you are here at TFP! Just think if you did not know to even test let alone how to fix the mess he made with your pH gurrrrrrrrr It will only get worse if you allow him to keep on at your pool

-Your SWG is not working. You have a new one. I have a couple of people who can/will walk you through how to replace it if you need them to. Just say the word BUT I am willing to bet YOU CAN DO IT! Look at what all you have already done!

-Tell hubby you love him and ask him to leave all things pool to you. You have done some major research and found the best way to care for the pool with plenty of people ready to help you however we can!

-Finding a new pool guy-Hummmmmm lets try this wild idea-put an ad in your nextdoor and craigslist with something like "Anyone take care of their own pool that would be willing to drop in on my pool?" kind of thing. If you have any bites talk to them and pick their brains on how they care for their pool. Ask them if they know about TFP (would you get so lucky???)

We have your back! Just tell us what you need and we will find someone that can help!

Kim:kim:

WOW, you guys are really fantastic. Thank you so much for all the helpful advice. For the record, my hubby is truly a sweetheart. We have been married for 30 years and he does support me. I will take your advice and hunt for that perfect person. Thank you!

On your hubby-if I was reading between the lines correctly it really should like he IS a sweety AND he thought he was being helpful with his suggestion. Sounds like he knew you were stressed with this last *adventure* with the pool guy so...........he was going to fix it for you. Now go give him a hug from me!

Kim:kim: (who has been married 33 yr to her sweet hubby who only knows how to brush the walls and swim in the pool so I DO understand!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes I have thought of that. They have a lot of sports programs and a ton of travel. The poor kids are on the go all the time. There is only one set of teens here on the island full time. We have 35 houses and not everyone is here in the summer. I'm not too worried, I will find someone. I have to look at the last guy as a learning experience. He brought the pH down to 6.3 so many times, thereby dropping my TA to the 20's, now I know how to accurately and quickly fix those situations. So he inadvertently taught me things. Who knew one could put so much acid in 600 gal of water that the TA could drop so low in an hour!! I have a digital pH meter and I calibrate it weekly as needed. It could have been off by more than the reading. I was surprised it could read that low. On the equipment end of things, I would be a little leary of having someone try to clean my pump filters. There are a lot of valves to be turned off before attempting to get the lid off and you really need to put some muscle behind it. After backwashing the Spa filter, all the levels need to be checked and adjusted again because of the significant loss of water. I guess if I did it just before I left, it could stay until I get back. I have never added DE to the spa system before, so I would need to learn how to do that properly. If you can tell in my writing, I'm not real comfortable on the equipment side of things. Chemistry I could do all day long, but when it comes to maintaining the equipment, I get scared I am not doing something right. I'll get there. Thanks for listening to my rant.

Ahhh but see the equipment is something a half way good pool guy COULD take care of on an as needed bases! It is the chemical levels we need someone for.

We got ya and will keep on helping, thinking, looking until we figure out how to keep things going in the right direction :hug:

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.