Iron well filled please help

A SWG certainly has its advantages. No more jug-dumping, but you do still have to test the FC and occasionally the salt level. While the SWG may appear effortless, you still need to ensure it's operating properly, hence the FC testing. But with SWGs, we recommend a higher CYA level (70-80) which for SWGs allows the FC range to be lower than with a non-salt pool. In that regard, the lower FC level may be beneficial to your iron situation.
Thank you. I do not like hauling the jugs. That's good to know about the fc. I worry doing slam that its going to bring the iron back out. I asked in the equipment forum and someone posted the Circupool RJ series. Once my husband home from work I'm going to show him and make an order. greatly appreciated

Reactions: Texas Splash
He just got in. Hes thinking it's better for us to wait until the end of the season since for us isnt very far away

A SWG certainly has its advantages. No more jug-dumping, but you do still have to test the FC and occasionally the salt level. While the SWG may appear effortless, you still need to ensure it's operating properly, hence the FC testing. But with SWGs, we recommend a higher CYA level (70-80) which for SWGs allows the FC range to be lower than with a non-salt pool. In that regard, the lower FC level may be beneficial to your iron situation.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Sorry for all the questions. Can you explain how the auto cover affects the pool water. I was told to open the cover a few hours a day minimum. I have been letting it open most of the day and evening. I notice when I open it the water looks different. More daul if that makes sense. Also I will have vacuumed the pool and its crystal sparking no dirt. When I open the pool the bottom has a lot of dirt after having closed just a short time.There has been no swimmers as I've been going through a slam. Other than burning cc which I'm not sure I understand does it affect other chemicals. Should I wait a certain time after opening it to test. Thank you

CC builds up in a pool that is covered. The UV impact from the sun burns off the CC.

FC is also burned off, as well as CO2 is outgassed which causes your pH to rise.

Also I will have vacuumed the pool and its crystal sparking no dirt. When I open the pool the bottom has a lot of dirt after having closed just a short time.
almost surely that's dead algae, Often it is invisible in the water and then "piles up" on the floor when you kill it with chlorine

I would also suggest you re-read "The "ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. You seem a little vague on how this stuff works (as we all were at one time) and a review might make some things clearer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.