Iowa Vinyl Pool

They gave me a poolmaster test kit and these instructions... also there are 15 trichlor pucks in the chlorinator.... help help help!!!4DDAD209-0BF1-42F5-B0AF-601F51F6F22B.jpeg

You already added your own CYA so remove them and keep the FC where it needs to be with liquid dosing.

Omg I'm scared to touch it... 🤣 I don't know anything but what I've read in the manual over a month ago... I'm going to wait... I hope you are right. The water is circulating so it must be working...

Thank you for responding so quickly! ❤️
Snoobug, I am following your posts closely because I'm about a half week behind you and have no idea what I am doing. My water was put in the pool yesterday but the electrical isn't getting done until today/tomorrow so no pump! I'm over here sweating about what will happen with my stagnant, non-treated water

Snoobug, I am following your posts closely because I'm about a half week behind you and have no idea what I am doing. My water was put in the pool yesterday but the electrical isn't getting done until today/tomorrow so no pump! I'm over here sweating about what will happen with my stagnant, non-treated water
I know exactly what you're going through... hang in there!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When you do the CYA test, try this next time.

Once you have your solution ready, back to the sun, etc. Fill the vial to a line, say 80, lower the vial to your waist level and glance for the dot, you see it, add solution to the 70 line, glance, see it, repeat until you no longer see it with a glance. Then use the CYA value one step above the line you read. So if you stopped at 50, use 60 ppm CYA.

The vial is in logarithmic scale. So it is not viable to interpolate between the lines. Just use the whole numbers, such as 50, 40, 30, ....

How much stabilizer have you added to the pool?

Reactions: Snoobug
Anyway took out all the pucks. Good freaking grief.
When you do the CYA test, try this next time.

Once you have your solution ready, back to the sun, etc. Fill the vial to a line, say 80, lower the vial to your waist level and glance for the dot, you see it, add solution to the 70 line, glance, see it, repeat until you no longer see it with a glance. Then use the CYA value one step above the line you read. So if you stopped at 50, use 60 ppm CYA.

The vial is in logarithmic scale. So it is not viable to interpolate between the lines. Just use the whole numbers, such as 50, 40, 30, ....

How much stabilizer have you added to the pool?
I can not imagine how many times you have typed this. I know I've read it many times. Thank you so much for being patient with all us newbies!!!

Reactions: mknauss

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.