Iowa Vinyl Pool

The muriatic acid was unpleasant... I see why people want to jam 15 pucks into a chlorinator... but I want to give my pool what it needs though. So I'm here to stay!

In HD/Lowe’s they have half strength in the paint aisle. Any of the bottles labeled low fume, Eco or green will be weaker. At $12 a gallon it’s won’t exactly break the bank but it will be much nicer to handle.

Reactions: Snoobug
Also turns out my LC old... tested 30 min after I put in recommended dose... I'm an idiot!

edited: I guessed at a half gallon... might just put the other half in & test again in the morning...

Last edited:
Backwash when your filter pressure rise by 25% over clean pressure.

If you follow their chemical plan the backwash each week keeps the CYA from rising very quickly. You are dumping lots of water each week. That is how they try to make that process work for the pool season.

Backwash when your filter pressure rise by 25% over clean pressure.

If you follow their chemical plan the backwash each week keeps the CYA from rising very quickly. You are dumping lots of water each week. That is how they try to make that process work for the pool season.
Ohhhhh that makes so much sense now!!!!

What speed are you using to check your PSI ? It’s easiest to see the 25% difference at full speed. Nearly impossible at low RPM. Mine was 2 PSI at my normal run speed. Good luck seeing a 2.5 psi. Just goes to show what the PB doesn’t even know.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You only need to run the pump at a rate that skims the surface. As you are not using the trichlor erosion device, there is no need to run at a high rate. Find what rpm skims the surface. You can also run much fewer hours if you like.

I ran mine around 1200 for 6 years and then upped it to 1550, not because it needed it, but because it was so cheap I didn’t care. So I made a little more woosh from the jets.

My water level isn't low enough to skim lol. They told me it was fine, that we wanted mid skimmer level to high for the autocover that the water actually supports the cover. Although I will add that the autocover hasn't been installed yet...

I'll drop the water level in the morning to mid skimmer, put in the skimmer sock, some polyfill and check the fc again.

Might have to wait till afternoon... last day of soccer camp...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.