Intex Sand Filter SF8110-2 Beeping and flashing

Wizzy87

May 22, 2020
Vancouver, Canada
Please help,

after winterizing my pump as per the manual, I have come to set my pump up again this season. I plugged it in pressed the reset button and nothing showed on the display. After pressing the test and reset on the gfci plug a bunch of times it finally showed some life. However it’s just beeping and flashing with the whole display lighting up, the pump will not turn on.
what could be the issue?

thanks for your advice.

I don’t know if this will help you all but I tore the housing apart below the power/timer buttons. It appears intex did not put a gasket between the base and the housing shroud that the power buttons and led are on. Without a seal there’s just enough of a gap for bugs to get into the housing. I pulled the circuit board and it looks like a slug got it and fried on the board. It must of burnt up of of the chips or something on the board. I tried cleaning it with little success. My filters still in the 2 year warranty so I contacted intex for a warranty repair/replacement. I’ll keep you alL updated on what happens. Their current lead time on support and service is 3 business days. In the meantime I ordered an after market 1.5hp pump to replace the current pump should the intex warranty fall through. FYI with covid 19 it appears a lot of places are out of stock of pool filter systems.

I don’t know if this will help you all but I tore the housing apart below the power/timer buttons. It appears intex did not put a gasket between the base and the housing shroud that the power buttons and led are on. Without a seal there’s just enough of a gap for bugs to get into the housing. I pulled the circuit board and it looks like a slug got it and fried on the board. It must of burnt up of of the chips or something on the board. I tried cleaning it with little success. My filters still in the 2 year warranty so I contacted intex for a warranty repair/replacement. I’ll keep you alL updated on what happens. Their current lead time on support and service is 3 business days. In the meantime I ordered an after market 1.5hp pump to replace the current pump should the intex warranty fall through. FYI with covid 19 it appears a lot of places are out of stock of pool filter systems.
Don’t tell intex you took it apart as that will void the warranty

Hey all another update. I called intex Tuesday and opened a warranty claim. Told them the issues and provided my receipt showing the filter was within the warranty period. Received a notification today that it was approved and my pump/controller would be mailed to me in 2-3 business days. They didn’t not require me to send the old unit back since it is the first warranty claim.

Hey all another update. I called intex Tuesday and opened a warranty claim. Told them the issues and provided my receipt showing the filter was within the warranty period. Received a notification today that it was approved and my pump/controller would be mailed to me in 2-3 business days. They didn’t not require me to send the old unit back since it is the first warranty claim.
That’s good news. I was waiting for a call back from a supervisor but nothing yet.
min the mean time weirdly my pump has started working again. So not exactly sure what the problem was.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.