Intex 13 x 5 AG pool base

Hardin157

Apr 25, 2019
Bristol uk
Hi all

Looking for advice on the base for my new intex pool.
From the UK so a bit smaller than a lot of pools on this site but my first one so didn't want to go to big..
We have a large section of our garden which is a existing concrete slab but has a 4 inch slope.
My plan is to build a wooden frame and fill with stone dust and compact level then put either a layer of Sand or some foam matting to soften the floor up a little.
Also putting slabs so they will be sat on the solid floor raised level to where the legs need to sit.
Unable to dig level as the concrete is approx 6ft deep.
Does this sound ok to do ??

Hope this makes sense

Cheers all

Reactions: splashpad
You can see where I plan on the pool being.. the decking bored is level so that's the height I need to raise it.. so the plan was to have one end on the just a small bed of sabd/foam mat then the gradual slope to level the pool..
The whole area under the chippings is approx 6ft of concrete

Attachments

• 20190426_133717.jpg
    20190426_133717.jpg
    883.9 KB · Views: 14
As mentioned it is not recommended to build up the low areas. That being said, yrs ago I had a metal framed pool, built up the ground 18" with mason sand,built a retaining wall to hold it all in, packed it and put the pool up. 1st season i had a couple issues with sinking on 1 side. The following yr I replaced the blocking under the legs with 24"X 24" pads and i got very little movement over the next 2 yrs. It worked but was not maintenance free. Looking back I would not do it again.
Your in a bit of a different spot having a concrete base so I don't see another solution for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.