Intelliflo Vsf not working

CAPool233

Aug 25, 2022
Palm Desert
I was getting the power outage and lost communication messages. After checking this forum and talking to Pentair I moved the load wires to the line side terminals on the relay. However, the pump does not seem to be working and my Pentair app is still displaying the error messages. Any advice?

Make sure the system is in AUTO and then go look at the pump's display. It should say "Display Not Active". If it says RPM or something like that, then your pump is not being controlled by the EasyTouch. Most likely you have lost your RS-485 com port.

If the pump's display is blank, then it is not getting any AC power.

Use your app to turn on a pool light, the light icon in ScreenLogic should turn green. Then go outside and ensure the light is actually on. If on, turn it off using the button on the EasyTouch's main panel. This should turn the light icon in ScreenLogic off.

Let me know the results of your tests, and we can move on from there.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: CAPool233
Forget the app for now. If you moved the Intelliflo to the line side terminals and the pump display is still blank you'll need to check the pump is getting power. FWIW, the pump shouldn't have been wired to the load side of the relay to begin with. See the following post for troubleshooting tips.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. I did find the 240 wires from motor on the load side and moved them to the line side but the Wi-Fi to system had to be reset also has nothing was working from the app. As of last Thursday everything appears to be working fine

Reactions: guinness
After several days of working perfectly, The EasyTouch has lost communication with the intelliflo vsf pump. I have tried controlling lights from ScreenLogic and that is working fine. I have checked connections and all seem to be fine. Any ideas

The following post might be of interest. Also check connections on the surge board (if you have one - don't forget to Create Your Signature).

Reactions: CAPool233
@CAPool233

If you can, please post the part number of your pump.

If you can post some pics of the labels that would even be better, as they would show the date of mfg.

See what info the Pentair tech can give you about what rev F/W you have now, and what rev F/W is being loaded.

Thanks

Jim R.

I’ve been affected by this too. In fact I know of a few of us in my area that had this issue and Pentair came out with a firmware update. My pump got the update in March and I’ve had absolutely no issues since. Rest assured it’s going to fix your issue for good! By the way, my pump is a VSF 011056 that was manufactured 09/21 connected to an EasyTouch if that helps any.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This was also happening with my pool, build completed in Feb this year, occurring every 2-3 weeks and needed to be reset at the main circuit breaker to get working again. It was very frustrating! I finally reached out to my pool builder who then put in a Pentair warranty service call. The tech came out and was very familiar with this issue and told me that Pentair recently put out a firmware update which will likely fix this problem. The last event was July 6, firmware was updated on July 28 and now it’s been over 6 weeks since the firmware update and over 9 weeks since the last communication lost error. Hoping we are in the clear since it used to occur every 2-3 weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.