Pentair InelliChlor & intelliflow pump shutdown

Rhoefle

Jun 27, 2022
Tampa, fl
My new pool has been running since Memorial Day. Over the past 2 weeks the system periodically won’t start up to the morning schedule. This has happened twice in the last two weeks roughly 2-3 days after the pool service adds chemicals to the water. the pool has had high PH which I‘m told is normal for a new pool the first 6 months. Normally they add some CYA & acid. The salt level is at 3100 & water temp 86F. I started running the pump at ~2100 RPM to lower our energy cost (~45gpm) which is higher than the 25GPM minimum required in the manual for the salt cell. Until 3 weeks ago I had been running it at ~2900 RPM.

when investigating why no start up the salt generator salt level leds are alternating between good & low. The flow led is red. The pump is also not starting up. I’ve changed the service panel mode to service & back to auto with no change. The first time I did check the cell to see if it needed cleaning. It had minor residue which I flushed out with water the first time. I did cycle power to the pump breaker which seemed to resolve the issue. I did not flush the salt cell the 2nd time….the power cycle seemed to resolve it. everything ran fine to the schedule until 2 days after the next pool treatment which I’m not sure if relevant. the pool service person told me maybe the system locked up because of power glitches, but, there were no storms the night before.

I will keep monitoring to see if this continues….curious if anyone else has experienced this?

It appears that you had previous comm issues from the post below. Can you complete your signature with all your equipment so we can better understand your system? You have an EasyTouch with Screenlogic and IntelliChlor and Intelliflo connected?

R,

I suspect your Service guy is screwing with your system.

If you manually turn something that is scheduled on or off by pushing buttons on the main panel, depending on when it happens, it can mess the schedule up and it takes 24 hours for it to catch up.

I suspect your pool guy is pushing the "F" button to stop the pump rather than going into the Service mode.

Of course, it could be something else, but that would be the first place that I would look.

Next time it happens, push the reset button on the main panel. It is like rebooting your PC.

Also.. Instead of trying to look at 50 things at the same time, just try to figure out one failure at a time. If the pump is supposed to start at 8 am and it does not, then let's work on that one issue. More than likely, if we solve that issue, we will solve them all.

If you have ScreenLogic, let's me see the following set up pages...

Thanks,

Jim R.

It appears that you had previous comm issues from the post below. Can you complete your signature with all your equipment so we can better understand your system? You have an EasyTouch with Screenlogic and IntelliChlor and Intelliflo connected?

I’ve update signature, sorry for late response

sorry for delay. was waiting for the next "lock up" which happened this am. this time occurred 5 days after last pool guy visit. this time i had to power down more than the pump breaker before system would launch pump. needed to power down full panel & wait for all panel leds to grow dim.

R,

It won't have anything to do with the pool guy if it takes 5 days to show up..

All of the ScreenLogic pages look ok, but I still need to "Scheduling" page.

Most scheduling issues are not intermittent. Since the problem showed up today, tell me if you manually did anything to the EasyTouch/ScreenLogic yesterday? Did you turn anything on or off? Change a schedule or ?????

When it happens again, you need to not touch anything.. Go out to the IntelliFlo pump and look at the display and see what it says. Does it say "Display not active", or RPM zero, or is it blank or???

Also after a failure, what does your ScreenLogic show? What does it show on the Delays and Alerts screen?

Thanks,

Jim R.

enclosed schedule. when coming back home this pm the pump was off again. the screen on the pump stated running schedule. screenlogic references comm alerts. i ran diagnostic & it stated error code 14 which isn't in the manuals, but, noticed on web other people have seen the code. i just gave a call to the the pool contractor & am supposed to hear back shortly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
See the following thread

R,

It appears that your problem is an intermittent RS-485 com port. The main problem is that it is "intermittent" :(

Intermittent failures are the hardest to find.

The first thing I would try is to tighten all the RS-485 connection screws.

On the back of the main card is the J20 com port..

Show us a pic of what all is connected to the port.

Like this...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: guinness
You also checked the connections on the surge board?

full

I agree about the panel needing firmware upgrade instead of pump, but, they asked for serial number of pump & mentioned that a number of the pumps installed at the same time that ended up requiring it. The tech hasn’t come yet. Will let you know outcome. I’m currently running pump on manual.

Reactions: Jimrahbe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.