Intelliflo SVRS pump stalls

RCechopark

In The Industry
Aug 3, 2020
Idaho Falls, ID
i work for a hotel and our 22000 gallon pool uses pentair entelliflo vs+svrs pumps the problem i am having is the pump goes into priming mode then once it drops down to 2500 rpms the pump stalls my flow meter shows good flow but it stalls anyways but sometimes it will go several hours without stalling. i have replaced shaft seals thinking they were going bad and binding the motor a little but it still throws an alarm saying clear line before starting, pool has two filters one has has had sand replaced the other has not i dont think there is a failure with the laterals because there is no sand in in the pool not sure i'm starting to think the pump sensor is bad any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since i'm still learning about the things that concern pools.

RC.

This is a known problem with the IntelliFlo + SVRS pumps.. I have one and always joke that it will go into the entrapment mode (and alarm) if someone just passes a little gas in the pool.. :mrgreen:

Any little surge in water pressure will send the pump into the entrapment mode.. For me, just shutting off the filter vent line a little too fast will shut the pump off..

I hate it, and it is the worst pool decision I ever made.. I suggest that you cut your losses and replace it with a standard IntelliFlo pump, which will eliminate the problem.

You can not fix, or adjust, or modify the pump making it useless in a pool like yours.

Sorry,

Thanks

Jim R.

What @Jimrahbe said ... and implement other anti-entrapment solutions for the pool if the SVRS was required to meet VGBA regulations.

Thanks I keep hearing they are prone to doing this but it just started doing this and it has been in service longer than I have been here over 5 years at the least if I replace it is pentair the better pump out of the other brands because I’m over it and it has always stalled whenever I vacuum the pool it’s just gotten worse In any case thanks for the help I appreciate it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.