Pump lid leaking

pool$123

May 27, 2015
Central PA
Pool Size
Above ground 24ft pool. Pentair sand filter. I recently replaced the pump to filter hose and the pump lid has a slow leak when turned off. I put the old hose back on (replaced bc starting to show wear…see pic) and it doesn’t leak? Also, why does the return jet “gurgle” when turned on/off? Is that normal?

Attachments

• IMG_1425.jpeg
    IMG_1425.jpeg
    645.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1426.jpeg
    IMG_1426.jpeg
    373.3 KB · Views: 13
Did you get this resolved? Water seeping out when you turn the system off is an indication of an air leak. Air is getting "IN" somewhere. If water is squirting out from the pump clear lid, be sure it has an adequate amount of pool lube/silicone on that lid O-ring.

Did you get this resolved? Water seeping out when you turn the system off is an indication of an air leak. Air is getting "IN" somewhere. If water is squirting out from the pump clear lid, be sure it has an adequate amount of pool lube/silicone on that lid O-ring.
I resolved it by putting on the old hose. So it seems that the leak is when I put on the new hose. Wonder how I fix that?

So it seems that the leak is when I put on the new hose.
That sounds like either the new hose has a tiny hole in it or perhaps you weren't able to get an air-tight seal on either end. The new hose may have had an O-ring on each end of the fitting that required some pool silicon lube.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.