Intelliconnect

Kalannar

May 23, 2020
St. Petersburg/florida
Building a new pool and need advise on the intelliconnect vs easy touch. I am only going to have two lights, salt cell, one bubblier, pump, and pool heater. Is the easy touch or intellicenter over kill for my setup? Is the intelliconnect fine? My pool contractor says the intellicenter is over kill. If I have a pentair pool heater can I control temp with intelliconnect?

I don’t see much discussion about Intelliconnect here, it seems like it’s more of a hobbled system. I have Easytouch/ScreenLogic and much the same equipment setup as you. It’s plenty, even the Easytouch 4 instead of 8 has enough room for my yard lights also. My pool builder really disliked Intellitouch and was encouraged in that regard by his Pentair rep. But a lot of people here will tell you, it’s the newest and the best and it doesn’t cost more, so you should go for it. Up to you.

Kal,

I would not recommend the IntelliConnect to anyone wanting a real automation system.. It has a very limited set of functions.

It is easy for me to spend your money, but I would recommend an EasyTouch 4 with ScreenLogic.. That said, be careful that they don't give you a "fake" EasyTouch with no load center.. Any model with an "L" in it is a lite EasyTouch .. Like PL4 or PSL4.. Just as bad as the IntelliConnect in my mind.

Also.. keep in mind that the only pump that Pentair automation can control is the IntelliFlo style pumps.. They can't easily control the SuperFlo VS..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Kal,

The EasyTouch can control almost any heater... It does not care what brand the heater is.. And, yes, you can control the spa temp from your phone, PC or Tablet..

The EasyTouch can control any IntelliFlo pump, including the 011056. Also from your device...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Kal,

The 520593 is an EasyTouch 4 with an internal SWCG power supply and an IC40 salt cell.. It is for a pool only system.. It will not control a pool and spa set up.. (Not sure what you have)

It is a "real" EasyTouch and includes a load center for all your circuit breakers.

I have two of these at rent house pools and love them..

Keep in mind that if you want to control things with your phone, PC or Tablet, you will have to add ScreenLogic.. And if you want to control any water features, you will need an actuator(s).

Thanks,

Jim R.

Kal,

The 520593 will work just fine... It would be the one I would recommend. And yes, a bubbler is a water feature..

You want the bubbler to be controlled by a Jandy valve at the equipment pad.. This will allow you to add an actuator to the valve so that the EasyTouch can turn the bubbler on and off..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.