Will superflo vs connect to intelliconnect

Markski

Feb 13, 2024
Florida
Hello folks. Mh first post :
I’ve called pentair 5 times and received a different answer just about ever time. As more I look into this, I believe pentair tech is wrong telling me this will work.
I have a brand new superflo vs and was looking for an economical way to have 2 way control. Mh understanding is that the intelliconnect cannot work with the pump via ra485 cable. At one point the tech at pentair said it will work as long as the pump has the new software. I believe they all think I have the intellicenter or that I am using the intelliflo pump. I had a friend go in his home app and see if he can connect to a superflo as an option ( he has the intelliflo and the intelliconnect ) but obviously the home app only gives you an option for the intelliflo pumps. I’m not interested in single stage connection via a relay. I really wanted the full control.
Here is pic of the home app with a intelliconnect. Nowhere can I see the option for the superflo
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1446.png
    IMG_1446.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 5
I am a part of a beta test group that Pentair is doing on updated firmware for the Intelliconnect. I reached out to my contact at Pentair this morning and this is his response:

"342002 pumps made after 2020 are capable of connecting to our automation via RS-485, IntelliConnects with host firmware 1.6.2.5 and above now have the ability to control these pumps wired as such. Any newly manufactured IntelliConnect will have this firmware from the factory so the only thing that would be needed to make it work is the external control cable for the pump which is 356324Z. The only wires you would use off the cable is green/yellow for RS-485 comm. FYI WhisperFlo VST also has the same capabilities as the SuperFlo VST when it comes to these features."

So it looks like maybe it is now possible to do what you want to do, as long as you have the correct pump, firmware and cable. What we don't have any actual confirmation of it actually working in real life yet!

Feel free to PM me if you would like the contact info for the person at Pentair.

Jeff

Cores
I am a part of a beta test group that Pentair is doing on updated firmware for the Intelliconnect. I reached out to my contact at Pentair this morning and this is his response:

"342002 pumps made after 2020 are capable of connecting to our automation via RS-485, IntelliConnects with host firmware 1.6.2.5 and above now have the ability to control these pumps wired as such. Any newly manufactured IntelliConnect will have this firmware from the factory so the only thing that would be needed to make it work is the external control cable for the pump which is 356324Z. The only wires you would use off the cable is green/yellow for RS-485 comm. FYI WhisperFlo VST also has the same capabilities as the SuperFlo VST when it comes to these features."

So it looks like maybe it is now possible to do what you want to do, as long as you have the correct pump, firmware and cable. What we don't have any actual confirmation of it actually working in real life yet!

Feel free to PM me if you would like the contact info for the person at Pentair.

Jeff
Correct , one tech told me 2 weeks ago the exact same thing but when I asked about the firmware update if needed, they didn’t tell me how it’s done. Only that I have to call it in. Are you able to push the button for me and ask them about the firmware. How is it done. I’m willing to try this and share my experience. I’m pretty handy so this should be easy to do I just do not want to waste time and money especially when pentair is giving me different answers. I want to be able to actually control the pump same as on the screen where I can program different speeds in the 24 hr cycle.
Are you able to ask if the new firmware also will let the home app know as to the pump options to connect because only the intelliflo is available from my knowledge.
Thank you in advance.

Hello, new member here, I have the Superflo VST and Intelliconnect, after waiting for 45 minutes to talk to tech support specific for this pump, she asked if the Intelliconnect was already connected to the internet, which it is, then asked me for my username and she pushed the firmware update right away. Firmware update that allows this pump to work with Intelliconnect via RS-485 has not been officially released yet, but if you call and ask they will push the update to you. I will buy the cable P/N 356324Z and complete the installation, I will let you all know how it went.

Reactions: jklocke
I have a SuperfloVST and just hooked it up. It works. Set program 1 on the pump to zero and 24 hrs. Connect the 485 to the pump and the screen will start blinking auto and 0. It’s ready for the home app.

Attachments

• IMG_1710.jpeg
    IMG_1710.jpeg
    390.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1713.png
    IMG_1713.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1712.png
    IMG_1712.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: cmo718 and jklocke
Great to hear that it's working! Did you have to get them to update the firmware, or did the Intelliconnect ship with the updated firmware?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support