South Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We’re at my wife’s cousin’s pool (3 week old install) and her iChlor swcg keeps flashing all red lights with “AC” error. Any suggestions? Seems like it’s getting proper power, but, I can’t find that error code anywhere in the manual or online.

Thanks!9D182853-374A-4B4B-9358-27DDB211812B.jpeg

C,

I have the IntelliChlor, so no direct experience with the iChlor, but it looks like you have no flow.... Nothing will work with no water flowing through the pipes.

Give us a little more background.. What controls your iChlor? Is it connected to an automation system or is it a standalone unit?

Was the pump on or off when you took the pics? If the pump was off none of the lights should have been on.

Did pushing the more or less buttons do anything?

Let's see if we can get one of our iChlor owners to chime in.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Display shows "AC". No other indication on the cell.

iChlor cell was powered with an "AC" power supply, or the unit had detected an "AC" input voltage.

Make sure iChlor is plugged into an IntelliChlor Power Center, or an iChlor Power pack (old IntelliChlor IC15 Power Packs cannot be used with iChlor).

Since it's new, get the installer on it to make it right.

Installer will take care of it. Was trying to troubleshoot while here. AC power seems to be connected, no problem. I’ll keep everyone posted.

It Definitely says AC but photo doesn’t capture that.

I couldn’t take a second photo. It’s plugged into a black transformer/power supply that is then plugged into AC. Seems like there may be an internal wiring issue.

If it looks like this, then it's the wrong power supply. The power supply should be almond/tan, not black.

That power supply outputs AC power as shown on the label, which is incorrect for the ichlor.

Last edited:
Fixed. You guys are spot on, as always. PB used the black Ac > ac transformer from the intellichlor vs ac > dc needed for iChlor.

Ironically, that is what came in the box from Pentair. Quick, painless fix with no permanent damage.

thanks all!

Reactions: JamesW and mknauss

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.