pa_pool

Silver Supporter
May 24, 2018
South Eastern PA
Hello all! I just got my Intellicenter up and running (thanks the discussions in this forum), so far I'm loving it! I had an electrician run power to it, but now I'm wiring all the smaller circuits. I have pool lights, a convenience outlet, a blower, and soon a heat pump. My question has to do with the breakers, I'm not sure exactly what's required... 1) I was told the 60 amp breaker does not need to be GFI, but do all the rest? 2) Can I wire the blower and the lights off the same 15 amp breaker? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200530_164321 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20200530_164321 - Copy.jpg
    576.4 KB · Views: 179
60 amp breaker is going to what?

Light CB needs to be GFCI.

Blower CB does not need to be GFCI. You know what size breaker is specified for your blower?

Reactions: pa_pool
PA,

The good news is that your SWCG's transformer is wired correctly.. The bad new is that your pump is not.. Your IntelliFlo should get constant AC power. The power to the pump does NOT go through the pump filter relay..

Just move the pump wires from the load side to the line side of the Pump/Filter relay and you will be good to go..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: pa_pool
PA,

The good news is that your SWCG's transformer is wired correctly.. The bad new is that your pump is not.. Your IntelliFlo should get constant AC power. The power to the pump does NOT go through the pump filter relay..

Just move the pump wires from the load side to the line side of the Pump/Filter relay and you will be good to go..

Thanks,

Jim R.
I don't think my pump is wired correctly either. I will have to look tomorrow when it's daylight.

Ryan

Reactions: Jimrahbe
You guys are awesome... Thanks for the quick response. The electrician wired the pump and SWG. I thought I had seen it that way online, so I assumed it was right... I'll fix it first thing!

As for the 60 amp breaker... I'm getting a aquacal sq225 installed soon.

The blower is a silencer 1.0hp. website says it draws 4.5 amps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.