Intellicenter Wifi

gwatts225

Feb 10, 2021
Indiana
Hey All. I purchased an intellicenter bundled kit labeled as i10PSIC40 Kit - Pool and Spa with Load Center and IC40 (Pentair Part #521908) but when going over everything for the install with the electrician today, became confused related to how it connects to wifi. My kit seems to have come with something labeled as High Power Wireless Link Kit (Pentair part #523434). This seems to require both an outdoor receiver and an indoor transmitter that hooks into my internet. I thought that the intellicenter was supposed to come with a wifi antenna that could connect directly without the need for an indoor transmitter? What am I missing?

You got the new and improved bundle...

A new “High Power Wireless Link Kit,” has replaced the EnGenius WiFi Link Kit (Primary Client Bridge) (P/N 522475Z).[3] These new link kits (523557) began shipping with newer IntelliCenter bundled kits, January 30, 2021. The new kits have two (2) transceivers. One transceiver connects to the user’s router and the other connects to the IntelliCenter. The following is reported:
  • Connection range is significantly better.
  • Establishes a proprietary secure bridge between the two transceivers which automatically negotiates the connection.
  • Allows for auto configuration and formatting (plug and play).

Reactions: MyAZPool
Yup,
The info that @ajw22 has correctly quoted above was provided by the Program Manager in a Webex meet conducted on 3/25/2021.
That, as well as many other ongoing IntelliCenter issues/topics are provided in the following link.

r.

Reactions: mknauss
Hey All. I purchased an intellicenter bundled kit labeled as i10PSIC40 Kit - Pool and Spa with Load Center and IC40 (Pentair Part #521908) but when going over everything for the install with the electrician today, became confused related to how it connects to wifi. My kit seems to have come with something labeled as High Power Wireless Link Kit (Pentair part #523434). This seems to require both an outdoor receiver and an indoor transmitter that hooks into my internet. I thought that the intellicenter was supposed to come with a wifi antenna that could connect directly without the need for an indoor transmitter? What am I missing?

I have the same exact part number and I'm having trouble too. It seems that I am missing the 544425 Wireless Link Cable shown on page 4 or the instructions. Did yours come with that? This looks like what powers the outside transceiver on an Intellicenter.

I think I am in the same boat. I can not get the panel to log me in as a new user. my panel is just not connected to internet at all I don't think. I have the indoor receiver hard wired to router. I read about 5.2 hz vs 2.4 hz. forgive the incorrect labels but anyway , the need to tweek the wifi and router itself. I am trying that next.

You got the new and improved bundle...

A new “High Power Wireless Link Kit,” has replaced the EnGenius WiFi Link Kit (Primary Client Bridge) (P/N 522475Z).[3] These new link kits (523557) began shipping with newer IntelliCenter bundled kits, January 30, 2021. The new kits have two (2) transceivers. One transceiver connects to the user’s router and the other connects to the IntelliCenter. The following is reported:
  • Connection range is significantly better.
  • Establishes a proprietary secure bridge between the two transceivers which automatically negotiates the connection.
  • Allows for auto configuration and formatting (plug and play).
It would be great if there was a video to get this installed. I just received mine - I will be paying someone to get this installed.

It would be great if there was a video to get this installed. I just received mine - I will be paying someone to get this installed.

Welcome to TFP.

I am looking forward to the link to the video on your install.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You do not have to connect to wifi...if you connect the ethernet cable and power to the outside, and the inside transmitter is hooked up to your internet you are good to go if they are talking but yes you need them to talk.

You do not have to connect to wifi...if you connect the ethernet cable and power to the outside, and the inside transmitter is hooked up to your internet you are good to go if they are talking but yes you need them to talk.
Thanks. I did hook up the inside part and now it is all talking. I was thinking I didnt need the inside one but since the outside doesnt see any wifi connections available then I guess I do. would have been nice to not have another piece of equipment plugged inside. I have a good router with strong wifi at the equpment pad but nothing shows up. The good thing is everything is talking the bad thing is now I need to figure out how to program it. I havent set any scheduels up yet but the pump seems like its on the sheduel that I had programed in the pump. Does it revert to that if there is no scheduels set up yet?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.