JMiguel_VaEs

In The Industry
Aug 5, 2020
Mexico
Hi! New user here

I have a problem with one Pentair Intellicenter System, I'm using the Last Android App and noticed that when programming a new schedule and selecting heat source as "dont change" I get a new option that I feel it shouldnt be there: Heating Temp. When checking the iphone app or web app in a PC I dont get that option.

The issue is that whenever the schedule starts everyday I get my temperature Set Point changed to 25°C (or 77°F), no matter what temperature I program in the "Heating Temperature" option within the schedule or in the Pool/Spa screen.

I tried leaving the heat source as "Heater" with a temperature of 28° C scheduled but at the next day it changes my set point to 25° C again.

Does anyone have the same issue or know how to solve it?

Thanks

Jose Miguel Vazquez

Attachments

• efaf89bf-c732-479d-a0a9-c73195e66346.jpg
    efaf89bf-c732-479d-a0a9-c73195e66346.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 11
J,

Not sure what you are trying to do?? Do you want your pool to heat to the set point between 9 am and 4 pm?

I have an older EasyTouch and for me.. if I want the water to heat to the set point, I have to have the "Change heat set point" set to "Yes"..

I suspect what you are seeing change is the actual temp and not the set point..

That said, I am just assuming the the IntelliCenter works the same way as my old EasyTouch..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for your reply Jim, Im trying to maintain a daily setpoint temperature to heat my water temp to 28° everyday. But no matter how many time I set my "setpoint temperature" at 28 C the next day the set point changes to 25 C

I worked with an easytouch before and as you said, I only had to set as "dont change" and Change heat set point: No, and the set point I chose in my Pool or Spa screen maintained everyday.

Im gessing this is an issue of the intellicenter alone

J,

I use my EasyTouch to control the heat in my standalone spa.. I have to have it set as ... "Change heat set point" set to "Yes".. .. Which is backwards to what you are doing.. :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Well as I understand It, In an Easytouch:
If you set the change heat set point as "yes" the schedule is the one that "sets" the temperature
If you set it as "No" you can manually set the set point in your pool or spa menu

Since the Intellicenter doesnt have an option of "change heat set point: Yes/No", I tried to use 2 options within the schedule:

1. Heat source as "Heater", and Heating Temp "28"
So that everyday this schedule plays it starts with set point 28 and heater as source

2. Heat Source as "Dont Change" (In the Android app alone, an extra option of "Heating Temp" shown, which it shouldnt as the iOS and web app doesnt show this option)
So that the last heating source and set point that I chose in the pool/spa menu stays everyday (for example one day I select Heater and 28°C from the pool/spa menu and the next day I expect that the schedule starts with that configuration)

The result was the same in both options: As soon as the schedule starts at 9:00 am it changes my set point to 25°C

What I want is that if im at home for a week I could select the temperature I want that whole week and not having to change the set point every day.

I have been reading it may be an issue of the android app or the firmware version of the system Im using: 1.040

Hope I make myself clear, as my english is a bit off

Well as I understand It, In an Easytouch:
If you set the change heat set point as "yes" the schedule is the one that "sets" the temperature
If you set it as "No" you can manually set the set point in your pool or spa menu

Correct.. That is how my EasyTouch works.. The schedule sets the temp...

I just "assumed" the IntelliCenter would have been the same, but that appears too easy.. :mrgreen:

Your English is better than mine..

Let's see if we can get some words of IntelliCenter wisdom from Ron.. Calling @MyAZPool

Thanks,

Jim R.

This is a known issue with IntelliCenter -- I don't remember the specific fix but I think its a firmware issue... (Discussed in another thread...I've had this same issue and I think the only way to make the schedule temp change stick is to make the change on the panel itself instead of with the app right now).

I asked Pentair for the Beta Version of the firmware 1.045 and installed it in my main panel.
I'll post my results in a couple of days.

Thanks everyone for you help, if you know anything else that could help I would appreciate it

JMiguel_VaEs

Yea, that temperature set point not keeping its saved value was a problem.
There were several fixes in Firmware V 1.042, V1.045 that apparently has addressed the issue.

SPACMD Heater Set Temperature override disallows manual heat setpoint changes
Changing Schedules Set Point on Panels does not update Web/mobile Clients when schedule is running.
Changing schedule Heat Mode to Dont Change when schedule is running resets set points to invalid values.
Changing Schedule Set Points on Panel via up/down arrow buttons to fast causes the set points to "roll back".

I don't have that problem now, so I'm pretty confident that V1.045 will correct your issue.

Firmware V1.047 should be publicly released in the very near future. Lot's of good fixes in V1.046, especially when it comes to heaters, light groups and IntelliChem.

Let us know if that does the trick for you...
Stay safe...
r.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
JMiguel_VaEs

Yea, that temperature set point not keeping its saved value was a problem.
There were several fixes in Firmware V 1.042, V1.045 that apparently has addressed the issue.

SPACMD Heater Set Temperature override disallows manual heat setpoint changes
Changing Schedules Set Point on Panels does not update Web/mobile Clients when schedule is running.
Changing schedule Heat Mode to Dont Change when schedule is running resets set points to invalid values.
Changing Schedule Set Points on Panel via up/down arrow buttons to fast causes the set points to "roll back".

I don't have that problem now, so I'm pretty confident that V1.045 will correct your issue.

Firmware V1.047 should be publicly released in the very near future. Lot's of good fixes in V1.046, especially when it comes to heaters, light groups and IntelliChem.

Let us know if that does the trick for you...
Stay safe...
r.
Ron,
I saw your post and realized I'm way behind with ver 1.040 so I went to the download site for the heck of it. Downloaded ver 1.047 just a few minutes ago! Guess I'll install it tomorrow and hopefully finally get full functionality again!

Chris

Reactions: MyAZPool
+1, thanks all. My builder told me Pentair didn't have any software updates, and since the panel's "check for update" feature apparently also doesn't work, I assumed they were telling the truth. Google led me here, then 5 minutes later I'm on 1.047 instead of 1.040 and all sorts of bugs gone. Thank you!

Reactions: LjoK
+1, thanks all. My builder told me Pentair didn't have any software updates, and since the panel's "check for update" feature apparently also doesn't work, I assumed they were telling the truth. Google led me here, then 5 minutes later I'm on 1.047 instead of 1.040 and all sorts of bugs gone. Thank you!
I’m on v2.0.133 and having the same issue! :(

I’m on v2.0.133 and having the same issue! :(
You should be able to download the latest version of firmware for your intellicenter here: IntelliCenter® Control System Firmware Download

Save it into an USB and then manually update your panel plugging the usb when it ask you to. I dont remember the path but I think is settings-advance system configuration-System-Firmware update and choose the "from USB" option. You should do the same for your indoor or wireless control panel if you have those.

Hope this help you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.