pa_pool

Silver Supporter
May 24, 2018
South Eastern PA
Hello all, I'm in the middle of replacing all my equipment... Based on all the input here at TFP, I invested in an intellicenter. My question is about the sub panel, I'm not sure what size breaker to feed the intellicenter with. I plan on having an intelliflo pump, aquacal sq225, bubbler, pool lights, ic60 SWG, and an outlet. The electrician I had lined up isn't working right now due to COVID, so I was thinking I could get a jump start and run a line from my main panel, I just don't know what size to run. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Amp requirements (not breaker size):

- pump 16
- Aquacal 42
- bubbler 0
- lights - LED? How many?
- IntelliChlor- 2
- outlet - 16

No other pumps? No air blowers?

Around 80 amps needs a 100 amp circuit at 80% maximum load.

I would pull a 60 amp line to the IntelliCenter and a separate 60 amp line for the Aquacal. No reason for the HP high voltage to go through the IntelliCenter.

Reactions: pa_pool
Allen,

I was thinking 100 amp but I like your separate 60 amp approach. Can you wire the heat pump like an AC with just the disconnect at the heat pump and the breaker for it in the main panel?

Chris

Allen,

I was thinking 100 amp but I like your separate 60 amp approach. Can you wire the heat pump like an AC with just the disconnect at the heat pump and the breaker for it in the main panel?

Chris

Yes. HP is the same as an AC system.

thanks for such a quick reply! This forum is always so helpful! I goofed in my posting, I meant to say blower and not bubbler... I'm thinking of getting the Silencer 1HP blower. As for the lights, currently I have 2. They are not LED (yet), I would like to upgrade, just haven't decided if I should replace with LED bulb or replace the fixture. Right now I only have 1 pump, I just replaced a single speed with the Intelliflo late last season... not sure if I have a need for 2.

I'm a little limited in space from my main panel, is there a benefit to running 2 - 60 amps lines? or is it just easier to run those lines?

Price out #6 copper wire versus #3 wire.

How far is the pull?

For the IntelliCenter you need 2 hots, a neutral, and a ground wire.

For the HP you need 2 hots and a ground wire.

Reactions: pa_pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.