IntelliBrite LED troubleshooting

Jun 9, 2010
cave creek, AZ
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.

Last night I switched my Intellibrite 5g color changing led light on and it turned off immediately and then I couldnt switch it on again using the Screenlogic App.

I tried switching it manually using the button on the Pentair control panel as well as using the menu option.

When trying it manually the led indicator lights up but no light in the pool

When using the menu option the indicator light blinks on and off and the panel makes a clicking noise.

I have tried turning off all breakers and resetting with no luck.

Wondering if I have a bad light.

Attachments

• Light.jpg
    Light.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 5
Daren,

I think the average lifespan of an IntelliBrite is about 8 microseconds... :mrgreen:

Sorry I could not help myself. I have no clue what is wrong with your light but would assume the light driver is bad.

Let's see if we can get one of our members with IntelliBrite experience to chime in.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Looks like I have the 12v unit as I see a transformer between the easytouch and the light wiring.

You have a multimeter?

Find your pool light junction box where the light wires from the pool connect to the transformer and check if you have 12v-14V on the pool lights when you switch the lights on.

If you have good voltage to the light then the problem is in the light electronics.

You have a multimeter?

Find your pool light junction box where the light wires from the pool connect to the transformer and check if you have 12v-14V on the pool lights when you switch the lights on.

If you have good voltage to the light then the problem is in the light electronics.
Thanks for the help here.

I have confirmed I have power to the light so must be a bad light.

I reached out to our pool builder inquiring about length of warranty. He stated warranty was good till end of year. Pool was installed in 2019.

Looks like we will be getting a replacement thank goodness.

Thanks for the help here.

I have confirmed I have power to the light so must be a bad light.

I reached out to our pool builder inquiring about length of warranty. He stated warranty was good till end of year. Pool was installed in 2019.

Looks like we will be getting a replacement thank goodness.
While color-changing lights are "fun," you also see the problem; they don't last. If you go through this forum you will find many, many, posts regarding that issue. It is so bad, I stopped selling them. Too much money for way more irritation (and angry customers). I made the mistake of putting one in my pool (at the insistence of my daughter). Its gone. Plain "white" lights give the least issues.

Reactions: guinness
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.