Inteliflo not seeing BUS

timmypop

Oct 8, 2019
AZ
Had warranty service on my Globrite. After they left I noticed that I could not control my color change. My communication seems half working because I can connect via Screenlogic, turn on the lights, heater, etc. Started troubleshooting and realized my Intelliflo was not on the system. It does not day "not ready" or whatever it used to say. I can run it manually but it is not seeing Intellitouch. I have restarted, turned off breakers etc.

I checked programming and pump 1 is selected and configured.

485 comm issue? Any suggestions.

Do you have an Easy Touch, IntelliTouch, IntelliCenter? Please create your signature and tell us that and other details about your pool.

First place I would look is the wiring to the RS-485 connection in your panel.

Tim,

The first thing to check is that you are NOT in the Service mode...

If you are in Auto and your pump does not say ""Display not Active", then your RS-485 bus is not working.. This same bus is used by ScreenLogic and by IntelliChlor...

The bus shuts off in the Service mode... If any of the device on the bus is bad, it can cause the entire bus to not work.

The best way to trouble shoot the problem, is to disconnect everything from the bus except the pump.. Then see if the pump's display says "Display not active".. If it does, then connect the other items one at a time and see if you can determine which device is loading the bus down.

Jim R.

Thanks all for the advice. I disconnected the bus and restarted everything. Had some intermittent success then quit. I swapped comm ports and restarted again. Seemed to fix but my lights then would not change. I had to delete and reconfig all of my lights in my ScreenLogic settings.

three hours so far so good. (Gremlins)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.