Hayward Goldline Prologic PL-P-4 showing "Filter VSP Comm Error"

mattaf

Jan 23, 2023
Calhoun, LA
I have a warranty call in, but I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to get my Hayward SP32950VSP pump working. I think it is hard broke after 4 months, but I'm no expert.

Question: Is there a fuse would cause this part (and this part only) to not work?

Background: I cleaned my filters yesterday and buttoned everything up. I turned the system back on and I noticed the cartridge filter housing was leaking so I shut the system off to tighten it up. After I did that, the pump wouldn't come back on and I have the "Filter VSP Comm Error" on my Prologic display.

I followed the troubleshooting guide and turned off the breakers. After turning them back on (2 minutes, then 30 minutes, then overnight), the error message persisted. I unplugged the wire harness for the communications, then reset the breakers, turned on, but had the same message. I did the same for the harness below the comm one. Still have the error message. I inspected all wires, connections, etc. but everything looks fine.

Is there a fuse that works for this part I can check? That's probably my last option before waiting on the pool company to come by later this week. Thanks!

When turn the breakers on, are you turning on the controller first, wait a few seconds, then turn on the VSP? Sometimes you have to do this several times before it comes back to life. Not sure what causes this but I think it may be interference in the data cable so make sure there is nothing running nearby.

Reactions: mattaf
When turn the breakers on, are you turning on the controller first, wait a few seconds, then turn on the VSP? Sometimes you have to do this several times before it comes back to life. Not sure what causes this but I think it may be interference in the data cable so make sure there is nothing running nearby.
Normally when I switch the system on (from breakers), the pump starts priming automatically. I don’t do anything to turn that pump on.

But I did make sure the data cable isn’t near the high power cables. I’m at a loss. Without a multimeter, I think I’m in the hands of the pool store.

What I meant was to turn off both the controller and the pump via the breakers. Then turn on the controller breaker first, wait 10 seconds, then turn on the pump breaker and see if that clears the error.

Ah, I see. That could be part of the problem. I find with my system powering them on at the same time sometimes causes comm issues.

One thing you could try is to remove the data connector on the main board and then reinsert it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.