Insurance says remove diving board!!! What could I put there?????

4iiiis

Feb 26, 2022
Illinois
No option but to remove diving board. It does have a water source. Was considering a fountain but that’s also the end of pool that houses the recessed auto cover. Not sure if there’s enough pressure for water to make it to the pool; might just end up in the auto cover box. Any other ideas? Thought about planter boxes but I can only imagine the dirt that would end up in pool😳

Attachments

• DC2584FA-0328-4F28-8866-7CE6971B94A6.jpeg
    DC2584FA-0328-4F28-8866-7CE6971B94A6.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 97
Tough scenario. Maybe show us another pic or two of the entire pool area on that end? Might help to see what you have to work with. Welcome to TFP! :wave:

My PB said he stopped doing diving boards because nobodies insurance allowed them anymore. Mine didn't care 10 years ago but I'll be checking before the new dig.

You can get pretty close to it with a 'jumping rock' that isn't a 'diving board'. Or more of a jumping Boulder.
f2df617eaae5db8a4e8dc5067e5691f0.jpg

Insurance has forced us into the Flintstones age for diving boards whats next ?
article-2017721-0D1DEF0400000578-763_308x185.jpg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4iiiis and Newdude
My PB said he stopped doing diving boards because nobodies insurance allowed them anymore. Mine didn't care 10 years ago but I'll be checking before the new dig.

You can get pretty close to it with a 'jumping rock' that isn't a 'diving board'. Or more of a jumping Boulder.
View attachment 392466
This looks great! I wonder if insurance will say "no" to any jumping feature lol.....

Have you tried asking for a policy exclusion for liability related the pool? If they grant it, then get an umbrella policy just in case. Might want to talk to an independent insurance agent.

This looks great! I wonder if insurance will say "no" to any jumping feature lol..
Folks install 'jumping rocks' far and wide when the diving board gets nixed due to insurance. The pic I posted really pushes the boundaries but most are more boulder-like.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you tried asking for a policy exclusion for liability related the pool? If they grant it, then get an umbrella policy just in case. Might want to talk to an independent insurance agent.

I believe most umbrella policies simply extend your policy limits; they generally don't cover things that aren't also covered by the underlying insurance (especially named exclusions). I definitely wouldn't want to have pool liability coverage excluded!

This must vary greatly by carrier and perhaps location -- our insurance company didn't care about the diving board at all (I asked when we bought the house), but I know others have. It could be worth shopping around, but if it's state-dependent it may not matter.

Reactions: Newdude
I would call around to a couple different independent agents & ask who covers diving boards & get some quotes. Different companies allow different things. Some don’t like pool slides, some don’t like fireplaces w/ blowers. My neighbor has farm bureau & he has a diving board.

Reactions: renesme and Newdude
American Automobile Association (AAA) insures my house and cars. When I bought my current home in 2012, the agent asked about the diving board (how high is it, how long is it, etc.) but allowed it without any issue at all (I'm sure it raised my premium). They use Google Earth to look at your property; he could see where the nearest fire hydrants are, for example.

I did later tack on a personal umbrella policy; very cheap for a lot more peace of mind.

I did later tack on a personal umbrella policy; very cheap for a lot more peace of mind
Mine didn't care about the pool with diving board one bit. (or the trampoline). They just highly suggested the umbrella policy God forbid something happened that would have exhausted the standard homeowners policy. It was real cheap too, at about $300 a year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.