Insurance says remove diving board!!! What could I put there?????

When the first guest goes off the board during the first pool party of each year, I say "Thank you for performing the annual diving board safety test."
Does someone always say, "Rocket, that keeps getting funnier every year!". 😂😂

I have to admit diving off the board does scare me when kids start doing back flips. Seen my sons head miss the board by inch’s
My son was once on a neighborhood pool area dive team. Saw a kid hit the board with her head. 12 years old and one of the top divers on the team. Scary stuff!

But seeing the dive well lifeguard jump into action and how the rest of the guard team fell into place and operated like a well-oiled machine was a sight to be seen!

But I digress as I doubt any of us has a lifeguard at our pool.

PS - diver was fine, but did wind up with a nice scar on her forehead.

Ours said the same thing. I changed companies. It was the excess company actually. But so as not to have a different company offer the umbrella (more expensive) I changed the primary and secondary coverages to Nationwide. And saved money for higher limits. Win-win.

But if not, I vote for a jump rock with water flowing from below it.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Mine didn't care about the pool with diving board one bit. (or the trampoline). They just highly suggested the umbrella policy God forbid something happened that would have exhausted the standard homeowners policy. It was real cheap too, at about $300 a year.

Most umbrella policies require you to have certain amounts and inclusions on your auto, home, and other policies. It is much easier to do if you have everything with one company.

As for an umbrella liability, I HIGHLY recommend one whenever the topic comes up. I was 25 years old when I got into an auto accident with a pedestrian. I was sued. I had a personal exposure (after my max insurance payout) of over $800,000. That meant, that if they got the full amount they were suing for, after my insurance paid, I personally would still be on the hook for $800,000. Basically I was looking at being in debt for my entire life. Luckily we settled out of court for about $20,000 - well under my insurance maximum liability. I have had an umbrella liability policy ever since. +/- $300 a year is cheap to never have to go through that again.

There are a lot of insurance companies on both sides of this one, depending on where you are. I can't speak specifically for Illinois, but in Ohio, both companies I've used Branch Insurance and previously Erie Insurance both covered the pool with diving board no problem. It looks like both offer coverage in Illinois. If you can't switch insurers for whatever reason and insurers have different rules for Illinois, I definitely vote for that jumping (dare I say diving) rock ;). Also, highly recommend adding the umbrella on top of your GL limits. Another $100-$300 depending upon your state rates is definitely worth it!

Reactions: Mdragger88
We insure everything thru USAA. They are rated the best in the country by Consumer Reports. If you have no military background their civilian company is Amica. Again, scores top notch.
They never asked me about a pool. I mention it but there is never any question later about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.