Installed New Pool Pump Losing Power At Fuse Box?

JoshAZ

Gold Supporter
Jul 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
ey Guys,

I have been on a journey to replace my pool pump.

I have the new pump installed now but my power is stopping at this fuse box thing on the right side of the picture below. Is there some way I reset or replace a fuse on this? It basically just has this plastic handle w/ some metal teeth that pulls out.

Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20200421_125043.jpg
    20200421_125043.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 12
The U065P box is a non-fuseable safety disconnect. It is typically used in AC systems to meet code and provide a safety disconnect when the CB panel is not within reach.

The safety pull can be reinstalled in the OFF position. Are you sure someone did not do that?

Metallic, Non-Fusible Disconnects, 1-phase or 3-phaseNon-fusible disconnect pullers are removable or reinstalled in the OFF position for user safety during equipment maintenance.

It's in the Off position. You can see the word "Off" on the left.

You have to pull it out, flip it over and push it back in.

Then, you will see the word On on the right.

@JamesW

Thank you for your assistance.

1. I flipped around the fuse and got the power to continue.
2. I checked w/ my multimeter the volts at the pump connection and it says 4?
3. I checked w/ my multimeter (the red/black screws) at the mechanical timer and it also said 4

What is the next step to troubleshoot? I used the same settings to check an outlet in my house and got 122

Check the breaker in the house to make sure that it's on.

Then, test the voltage from 1 to 3 in the timer.

Make sure that the multimeter is set to AC volts higher than 250.

Can you verify that the pool pump circuit breaker is a double pole 220v breaker? What are these 3 breakers you have and what do they go to?

Is your 'hottub' stand alone or part of the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.