INEXPERIENCED OB Steel wall vinyl liner inground pool under construction in north texas

With a VS pump it won't show high pressure at lower speeds. Speaking of, what speeds are you running ?
Based on this, and given the fact that I don't think they did any "programming" I am inclined to believe that the pump is running at 50%........ that makes me feel a bit better. I will confirm when I get home

Attachments

• pump speed.jpg
    pump speed.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: newdude
. I will check it out and will run the tests.
+1 to don't even care what the bottles are. If it says to use R-0013 (etc etc), that's all you need to know.

I collect the bottles from the test I want to do, and set them up uncapped, in order, so I don't have to fumble for/with them. I place each bottle down on my other side and recap / straighten up after the test is done.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Here is a how to test link. I do warn you to not have anything in your mouth when you read it LOL

Here is a how to test link. I do warn you to not have anything in your mouth when you read it LOL
Thanks for the warning. I guess my afterwork project today is to build an 8ft fence door with a wheel (I have to patch up the fence that I cut so I could get the equipment and materials when I was building the pool, and figure I might as well put a door so I don't have to cut the fence again in the future :cool: ), and to figure out my chemicals :party:

Hey guys, so I was very excited to finally have my equipment connected yesterday!!… the connected the pump and the filter to start…… and they seem to work!!!! BUT, it seems to me like I don’t have enough pressure on my returns :(…… my water had a lot of sediment on the bottom from the construction, and the guy said I had algae…… the pool guy keeps saying that the reason I have no pressure in the returns is because I didn’t listen to him and I put each return on a separate line instead of all of them in the same line…….. what can I do now??? Do I need to get a bigger pump???? (Lots of money)???? Can I put a small pump in serie or parallel to help with the pressure issue??? (Less money and I don’t waste my expensive current pump)???View attachment 518362
How many returns and what size is the eye ball in each return. Unless you had 100's of feet of pipe of small diameter pipe or lots of sharp 90's the piping isn't the issue. What speed is the pump running and what pump? Only other reason would be a restriction between the skimmers and pump. Voltage and amp reading will give you an idea if the pump is working hard or not and if there is a restriction up or down stream.

How many returns and what size is the eye ball in each return. Unless you had 100's of feet of pipe of small diameter pipe or lots of sharp 90's the piping isn't the issue. What speed is the pump running and what pump? Only other reason would be a restriction between the skimmers and pump. Voltage and amp reading will give you an idea if the pump is working hard or not and if there is a restriction up or down stream.

I have 3 returns in the wall and 2 step jets. they are 1.5, and I keep forgetting to put the eye ball (I didn't realized that it was so important........ anyway, yesterday we figured that the pump was running only at 50%..... I manually set it to run at 100%

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have 3 returns in the wall and 2 step jets. they are 1.5, and I keep forgetting to put the eye ball (I didn't realized that it was so important........ anyway, yesterday we figured that the pump was running only at 50%..... I manually set it to run at 100%
How is the pressure now?

hey guys. maybe someone can help me out. Yesterday they finally finish setting up my equipment, and finally have nice beautiful clear water :party: .... it is now time to deal with the programming and automation equipment (and of course the mess that is my backyard now)....... I am hoping someone can help me figure a couple of things.........
1.- what would be a good schedule for the pump??? so far, I have been running 100% continuously because we had to get all the dirt and stuff from it, but I think I am now ready to use the "VS" part of it.
2.- does anyone know if there is a way to have my PL-Plus really control the pump??? where I can program the different speeds and such???? I can't find info in the internet.......... I read something about a communication cable, and I am ok to buy one if that is what it takes, but I want to make sure that pump has the ability to be control that way....... you know what I mean???

any info would be appreciated :)

Attachments

• IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0830.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 24
You should be able to control your vsp through the digital menu - not sure of the exact menu but it would go something like - pool—> filter/vsp then there will be the option to change speed
Or if there’s already a schedule set up you can change that by selecting the 🕥
See if this video helps

hey guys. maybe someone can help me out. Yesterday they finally finish setting up my equipment, and finally have nice beautiful clear water :party: .... it is now time to deal with the programming and automation equipment (and of course the mess that is my backyard now)....... I am hoping someone can help me figure a couple of things.........
1.- what would be a good schedule for the pump??? so far, I have been running 100% continuously because we had to get all the dirt and stuff from it, but I think I am now ready to use the "VS" part of it.
2.- does anyone know if there is a way to have my PL-Plus really control the pump??? where I can program the different speeds and such???? I can't find info in the internet.......... I read something about a communication cable, and I am ok to buy one if that is what it takes, but I want to make sure that pump has the ability to be control that way....... you know what I mean???

any info would be appreciated :)

You need to buy the data cable that connects from the pump to the pl plus

IMG_6828.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.