In-ground Spa Air Venturi In-take

trell1245

Nov 4, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Hello All,

I am the 2nd owner of an in-ground pool/spa installed about 6 years ago. I wasn’t given too much information on the pool/spa from the previous owners. The pool is roughly 10,000 gallons and the spa is another 1,000 gallons. The main pump for the in-floor cleaning system also runs the spa jets once selected (automated valves). The spa never had an air blower to the jets, but it was piped and capped for a future one. There is a deck venturi air in-take for the spa. They appeared to drill holes in a cap for the air inlet. I have included pictures for reference.

I recently received a free blower from a friend and decided to install it. The blower works fine, but it is pushing a lot of air out of the deck air in-take. Enough air that it pushes the 6” lid about a foot off the ground. My questions is, what is typical done at the deck air in-takes? I have tried searching online and this forum for advice or typical drawings? I am not sure if I should just cut it out and cap it or provide some sort of valve.

I would also like to thank TFP and everyone on it. This is my first pool and it has made taking care of it easy.

Thanks,
Jeff L.

Attachments

• Blower installed.jpeg
    Blower installed.jpeg
    540.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Deck Instake.jpeg
    Deck Instake.jpeg
    712.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Deck Intake 2.jpeg
    Deck Intake 2.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Piping no blower.jpeg
    Piping no blower.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 27
Welcome to TFP.

When you have a blower on the spa jets you do not also have a separate air intake. You need to cap the air intake when you use the blower.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.