In-ground Spa Air Venturi In-take

trell1245

Nov 4, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Hello All,

I am the 2nd owner of an in-ground pool/spa installed about 6 years ago. I wasn’t given too much information on the pool/spa from the previous owners. The pool is roughly 10,000 gallons and the spa is another 1,000 gallons. The main pump for the in-floor cleaning system also runs the spa jets once selected (automated valves). The spa never had an air blower to the jets, but it was piped and capped for a future one. There is a deck venturi air in-take for the spa. They appeared to drill holes in a cap for the air inlet. I have included pictures for reference.

I recently received a free blower from a friend and decided to install it. The blower works fine, but it is pushing a lot of air out of the deck air in-take. Enough air that it pushes the 6” lid about a foot off the ground. My questions is, what is typical done at the deck air in-takes? I have tried searching online and this forum for advice or typical drawings? I am not sure if I should just cut it out and cap it or provide some sort of valve.

I would also like to thank TFP and everyone on it. This is my first pool and it has made taking care of it easy.

Thanks,
Jeff L.

Attachments

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Welcome to TFP.

When you have a blower on the spa jets you do not also have a separate air intake. You need to cap the air intake when you use the blower.

Last edited: