I'm baaaaack

Your SLAM Process is 28
Use PoolMath to determine how much chlorine to add to go from your present FC reading to FC 28.

Check the FC level about 30 minutes after adding (with pump running) to see if you attained the proper level.
If you didn't get to FC 28, either your pool volume is larger than what is set in PoolMath or your liquid chlorine has degraded.
What is the date code on liquid chlorine jugs?

I added another gallon of chlorine almost an hour ago. Once the baby is asleep I will go out and check the chlorine level again. The pool coloring is much better and the stairs do not have algae on then anymore. I can also see to the bottom so I must b doing something right!!! Thanks to you all!!!

Looks like 95th day of 2023 so it's about 80 days old. I expect it will have lost a bit of punch. I'm not sure where to find the bleach concentration/time chart that is here - someone will hopefully have the link.

Sounds like you are making progress! If you can test and add back to SLAM level more often than your logs are showing, that will help to speed things along too.

Looks like 95th day of 2023 so it's about 80 days old. I expect it will have lost a bit of punch. I'm not sure where to find the bleach concentration/time chart that is here - someone will hopefully have the link.

Sounds like you are making progress! If you can test and add back to SLAM level more often than your logs are showing, that will help to speed things along too.
Thanks!! I feel sooooo accomplished! I am attaching the chlorine results I just got which I filled with a chlorine boost. I will not have time for another reading until I get home but I will post. Also, I will have to get more chlorine on the way home so if that link could be found it woukd go a long way in helping me choose bottles. Thanks for all your help. ALL OF YOU!!!

PoolMath Logs

Reactions: RookiePick
Thanks!! I feel sooooo accomplished! I am attaching the chlorine results I just got which I filled with a chlorine boost. I will not have time for another reading until I get home but I will post. Also, I will have to get more chlorine on the way home so if that link could be found it woukd go a long way in helping me choose bottles. Thanks for all your help. ALL OF YOU!!!

PoolMath Logs
**filled with a**
Should be "followed up with"!! 🙄

Drum roll please.........

The before and after shots of the pool! Friday the 16th and this afternoon! We actually started the SLAM process on Saturday the 24th so it was much greener than the picture. It took 3 days start to finish. Just in time for 4th of July!! I'm so excited. Thanks for all the help everyone!!

Attachments

• Ribbet1687826232.jpeg
    Ribbet1687826232.jpeg
    454.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: cdadams1223
It's great how easy our devices make it to snap some photos and readily see the progress of things.

I was thinking the other day that a couple of hard drive failures and we'll have basically no pictures of the kids though. We just don't print anything anymore 😬

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm not convinced you're out of the woods just yet. Sure the water is blue compared to the green but it's not clear so that means you haven't passed all 3 criteria. Keep the slam going or else this will turn ugly 2 weeks out when the green is back.

The before and after shots of the pool! Friday the 16th and this afternoon! We actually started the SLAM process on Saturday the 24th so it was much greener than the picture. It took 3 days start to finish. Just in time for 4th of July!! I'm so excited. Thanks for all the help everyone!!
That pool is not done with SLAM. You need to keep going. You are in very late stages, but as @wireform indicated, it is not clear. This is clear...Link-->How Clear is TFP Clear?

You are safe to swim if FC is between minimum and SLAM level for your FC...and you can see the bottom. Please swim, but continue with the SLAM.

I am gonna say we r cured!!! The pool looks even better today than it did in the picture I posted yesterday. Clear as a bell. The levels seem to be in range. They are current as of abt 25 minutes ago.

------------------------------------------
Test Results 06-27-2023 @ 08:33 PM
Free Chlorine: 7.0
Combined Chlorine: 0.0
pH: 7.8
Total Alkalinity: 80
Calcium Hardness: 120
CYA: 40

Test Results 06-26-2023 @ 09:28 PM
Free Chlorine: 12.0

Test Results 06-26-2023 @ 04:56 PM
Free Chlorine: 11.0

Chemical Addition 06-26-2023 @ 08:27 AM
+ 128 FluidOunces of Bleach

Test Results 06-26-2023 @ 08:26 AM
Free Chlorine: 20.0

I am gonna say we r cured!!! The pool looks even better today than it did in the picture I posted yesterday. Clear as a bell. The levels seem to be in range. They are current as of abt 25 minutes ago.

You wanna make sure you have passed all three of the SLAM criteria. Sounds like you have the no traces of algae and the clear water ticked off. Have you conducted the OCLT?

I still want to know what happened to the cat?

• Haha
Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.