I'm baaaaack

Missy_2008

Jul 29, 2021
San Leanna, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Hi all!! So the pool had been doing fine then we got some rain and it got a little ill looking. Got it back to beautiful again and now it is a light green, hazy color. You can see some stuff on the bottom of the pool. The readings are:

Alkalinity 100ppm
pH 8.0
Free chlorine 6.5ppm
Combined 0.5ppm
Hardness 120ppm
CYA 60ppm

No need to do an OCLT.

Just go directly to the SLAM.
Yikes!! OK. Well, I will start in the morning. I'll keep everyone updated. Just FYI, I checked the FC level at 9:45pm and it was 19 (husband had shocked at 7:00pm) and the CC was -0-. I think I'm boned. 🤔 The serenity prayer is playing on a loop in my head!! I tend to worry abt stuff!!

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not terrible, but with a loss over 1 that is considered a fail. How much sun does your pool get between sunrise and 8am when you tested?

Reactions: Missy_2008
This morning
Not terrible, but with a loss over 1 that is considered a fail. How much sun does your pool get between sunrise and 8am when you tested?
Not a lot. It's very hazy today & windy today. No direct sunlight yet. Here are some pictures that I just took. The color is a light green and hazy for sure. Is there any chance of us using it this weekend??20230616_145428.jpg20230616_145417.jpg

Home Depot, lowes, Menard and the like. Pool stores in the worst case sells it at a premium. Make sure you change the strength in poolmath per the chlorine you're using as the liquid content will be more or less for the same outcome of FC gain. Keep the slam level up atleast every 2 hours for now so it can move along otherwise below slam level does nothing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.