Ichlor 30 flow switch replacement

BEST POOL SHOP, INC. (4126483)

VARDAN TSATURYAN

310 S. Rosemead Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91107

Domain Name: AZPOOLSHOP.COM

Creation Date: 2017-11-02T16:19:15Z

Registry Expiry Date: 2023-11-02T16:19:15Z

1670689970777.png

Wow! This has to be the worst business I've ever come across. On November 22, 2022 I ordered a part for my pool equipment from AZ Pool Shop. He charged me over $50 for shipping. Though I thought it was a bit much, I needed the part because I was hosting Thanksgiving at my house. The very day I received the part, I had the pool mechanic come to install it. I received a call from the mechanic saying that it was the wrong part. I immediately called AZ Pool Shop only to be greeted by the most unprofessional, nastiest business person in the world. As I was trying to get a word in to tell him that it was the wrong part and I want to see if he had the correct part, he all but cursed me. He swiftly said that I could not return the item. I pointed out that there was not a "no return" policy on his website. He IMMEDIATELY took his website DOWN...not before I had taken screenshots! This caricature of a business should not be allowed a license in any state.

I ordered a part for my pool filter and it turned out to be the incorrect part, I received a rma number and paid for return shipping. When I received the refund it was $19.00 short, I contacted the company and got a very rude and unprofessional person on the phone that informed that it was a 20% restocking fee and the shipping cost. I said that the restocking fee was high and that surely because I had bought the correct part immediately from them could the fee be waived. He said no its on the website and just continued to be very rude which led me to say I would probably not use their company in the future to which he replied fine I am marking it down not to take any future purchases from me. So buyer be aware this is not a good company to deal with and it cost me more to purchase from them than it would from another company.

This company has by far the worst customer service! When I had a problem with a $1,000 part that I purchased from them that was within the one year warranty their response was "what do you want me to do about it" then I was told that I was blacklisted from their company and could never make another purchase from them which is fine because I would never buy from them again! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

But... but... they have that "ALL DISCOUNT ENDS IN 3 DAYS" icon (that's always there). So we have to hurry!!

Yah, I thought about deleting my post altogether, but then I thought there was some value in reminding "shoppers" to beware of a price that sounds too good to be true. Temptation is strong with this particular part, since the "legit" price sounds too bad to be true!!

Reactions: Newdude and JamesW
You have to do your due diligence when considering a company or a website to buy from.

Check their details to verify if they are a legitimate business or (probably) a scam.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirk
You have to do your due diligence when considering a company or a website to buy from.

Check their details to verify if they are a legitimate business or (probably) a scam.
True. And just know that the charge card companies are not falling over themselves to stop a charge. I have not had great luck with that "service" the few times I tried to use it. One in particular still "irks" me. Short version, they said once the charge is paid out to the vendor, there's not much they can do. Point being, that is not something to rely on. Due diligence beforehand is the better MO.

It’s actually pretty easy to create a superficially plausible website that looks credible.

The scammers know that they will probably never be held accountable and the risk of any sort of criminal charges is low.

They also know that no one is going to sue them civilly in any effective way.

They just close the website and open more as needed.

However, it’s really not that hard to check into a company’s details and verify if they are likely to be legitimate or likely to be a scam.

Reactions: Dirk
Part of the problem is that these scammers seem to be able to get merchant accounts without any credentials whatsoever.

The merchant and banking services provided by PayPal, AmEx, Visa, Mastercard and others need to do their own due diligence to verify that the “company” is legitimate.

Ironic that I am commenting, because as a website developer it's kinda my job to make my clients look better than they are!! I'm part of the problem!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Newdude and JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The merchant and banking services provided by PayPal, AmEx, Visa, Mastercard and others need to do their own due diligence to verify that the “company” is legitimate.
But they won't. They don't see that as their job, at all. They're after that 3%, they don't care about anything else. That's why they're not incentivized to stop transactions. 3% of that charge is theirs!

• Wow
Reactions: JamesW
So, I was finally able to install the thinner flow switch. The fuse in the power supply did blow before I replaced the flow switch. The new flow switch read the flow but no temp and then somewhere between 12-18 hours later the fuse popped again. Any ideas? Salt cell, another part or full replacement?

I would check your work on the wire connections for the flow/temp assembly.

What is the salinity of the pool as measured by a K-1766 Salt Test Kit?

I would check your work on the wire connections for the flow/temp assembly.

What is the salinity of the pool as measured by a K-1766 Salt Test Kit?
The salinity was low so I brought it up and it is sitting at 3900. I turned it off at the breaker and installed a new fuse. It popped immediately after the ichlor lit up this time. Pic of wiring attached.

Attachments

• 766C33C0-989E-4BCD-AC59-9FE1CF5DF068.jpeg
    766C33C0-989E-4BCD-AC59-9FE1CF5DF068.jpeg
    432.5 KB · Views: 6
The salinity was low so I brought it up and it is sitting at 3900. I turned it off at the breaker and installed a new fuse. It popped immediately after the ichlor lit up this time. Pic of wiring attached.
I think you have a bad cell.

Replace the cell.

Reactions: CHBC
The Intellichlor cells work with your power supply. I suggest installing an IC40. Do not use iChlor.

Do you know which cells work with that power supply. I may go with a 15 or 20 if they will work. Any ideas on the best place to source one? Thanks for your help!

iChlor15 is too small for your pool.

IC20/IC40/IC60 are a different size and will require adjusting the pipes.

IC20 is marginal for your pool size.

IC40 is the best long term for your pool.

or Marina Pool, Spa & Patio (303) 985-0077

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.