IceShadow’s pool thread 2023

I was so mad at the cover & planned to cathartically throw it in the garbage- it didn’t work out 😑
I saved mine and cut cushioning pads for storage from it for YEARS. It made excellent AC wrap for winters along with a healthy amount of duct tape as well. It protected my big screen TVs when we moved, and used it as weed block. I found many uses for it. I made it work for me as paybacks for all the PITA of using it as a cover. :ROFLMAO:

This is sorcery 🧙 do you have a specific method? I bought a large rolling trash can to put my covers (leaf & solid) in but at this point it looks like the leaf one will barely fit in there. I still don’t understand how in the world they got them in the boxes originally.
Mine comes with a big bag slightly larger than the mesh cover's straps. So we fold along the straps, then fold over one more time to make sure it fits, and work the bag around it like a pillowcase going on a pillow.

Reactions: mariane
Mine comes with a big bag slightly larger than the mesh cover's straps. So we fold along the straps, then fold over one more time to make sure it fits, and work the bag around it like a pillowcase going on a pillow.
Mine came in a tiny box- I know it will never be that small again. Time to bust out the flag folding skills!

So we fold along the straps, then fold over one more time to make sure it fits, and work the bag around it like a pillowcase going on a pillow

giphy (3) (2).gif

My new LL cover bag is triple the size of the old one, all but proving the other one wasn't the right one which I suspected all along. It will still require more patience than I'm willing to spend on it so I'll fold it down to one squares worth and hang it in the garage to make it difficult for critters.

Reactions: Mdragger88
The Internet GIF by DrSquatch

RJ45 jack on every wall?

I'm mostly UNIFI wireless APs (3), OVERKILL but made the kids happy. Basement, 2nd Floor & Garage. Just got the Dream Router but have to install & rework. I had the internet cable run to the basement back before WIFI where the computer was. Router in the basement does not fill up the house with WIFI.

RJ45 jack on every wall?

I'm mostly UNIFI wireless APs (3), OVERKILL but made the kids happy. Basement, 2nd Floor & Garage. Just got the Dream Router but have to install & rework. I had the internet cable run to the basement back before WIFI where the computer was. Router in the basement does not fill up the house with WIFI.
We have a big house. Someone spent way too much to build a small manor in a suburb that doesn’t support the value they spent so when we bought it as third owners, we got it for a steal.

So when we decided to wire we added up what we wanted, decided it was more than 24, then set out finding places for 48 lines.

- Six lines at the main entertainment center in basement
- Two lines each at two other places in the basement den where we have desks for computers
- Two lines each in two places per for three bedrooms and another room that isn’t technically a bedroom as no egress window, but acts as a guest room
- Eight lines to master bedroom (four behind where we have a TV and two more each in two other spots
- Four lines behind the TV area on first floor great room
- Two more lines to another spot on another wall of great room
- Two lines to a spot in the kitchen near the table there
- Two lines to a spot in the dining room
- Two lines each to two spots in the living/sitting room

Crazy overkill but we figured go big or go home… :D

Plus some speaker wire in-wall to in-wall speakers and in-ceiling speakers in the basement entertainment center.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, we ran a total of about 3300-3400 ft of Cat6 cable. Luckily we had a box of CM stuff left over from the last house for our basement run so I didn't have to buy a fourth box. (The rest is CMR so no fire concerns with going up to the attic and back down into second floor rooms.)

RJ45 jack on every wall?

2 UniFi APs for me. One covers the house … the other for the back yard/deck/pool. :)

Reactions: JoeSelf
Now you need a rack for that patch panel. Put one 24 port switch above and one below. Run 6" slim patch cords and it will look great!
The patch panel is on a 6" deep wall mount bracket. And I already have the 48 port switch, but it just sits on the shelf below the patch panel. The cords there are.......less neat. Not sure how to handle those. >.>

950C6B85-8543-45F0-B2AE-FD02751BA8E8.jpeg

Reactions: JoeSelf
Mononprice 6" or 12" cables. multiple colors. you could do it by floor, area, usage.

I have flex mini switches at the TVs and upstairs for an AP Lite and PC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
I believe those are all 2’ cables in my photo.

Not a big fan of monoprice now. A few weeks ago I put in an order for a patch panel from them and a mounting bracket. After two weeks it still hadn’t shipped, despite several calls asking about status and being told they were busy and it should ship in a day or two. Ended up cancelling the order and getting this one on Amazon instead.

Last edited:
Current test this morning:

==========================================
Wengert Family Pool
------------------------------------------
Build Type: Vinyl
Volume: 20000 gallons
------------------------------------------
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 2.5 (5 hours ago)
CC: 0.5 (5 hours ago)
pH: 7.2 (5 hours ago)
TA: 40 (5 hours ago)
CH: 100 (5 hours ago)
CYA: 30 (5 hours ago)
SALT: 1200 (5 hours ago)
BORATES: 50 (3 days ago)
TEMPERATURE: 70° (5 hours ago)
CSI: -1.39 (5 hours ago)
==========================================
CYA test - dot visible at 30, but I added 5lbs so I know it’s in the pool. Must not be registering yet.

I added another gallon of LC, 5 lbs 14oz of baking soda for the TA to get to 60, and 25 lbs of calcium to get to 200 (vinyl pool but it’s for the heater). Glad I thought to buy that 50 lbs bucket of calcium chloride over the winter. ^.^

Robot is mixing the pool up for me after dumping in the baking soda and calcium chloride. ^.^

Helper!

23909257-7588-4453-A8B5-B8F1B89A7CA9.jpeg

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.