IceShadow Pool Opening 2021

Ah, so it isn’t sticking. I haven’t seen snow falling in at least 20 years!

Good news:

62FDBEB1-ADDE-4CFC-93C1-2B11AE9E8FC2.jpeg
Bad news: pool has dropped several inches in the past week or so. I’m hoping it’s a fluke and refilling. Having flashbacks to when we had a liner tear in the old liner two years ago. >.< No visible water at the equipment pad, so I don’t think anything there is leaking.

• Wow
Reactions: CraigChing
So - after about 20 minutes the robot stopped its cycle. Turned it back on and it goes for about 30 seconds and the cycle turns off again.

*sigh*

• Angry
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yep, after it runs for about 30-60 seconds it gets a red light on the power supply. Opened the impeller housing, clean as a whistle. No clue what’s going on.

Pool equipment hates me. :(

Wife agreed to allow a pool robot. Got a Maytronics Active 30i from Marina :)
I have to look into it. I had it plan in the budget since last year and the PB and a YouTube reviewer said NO.
I have steel walls and vinyl liner.
I have $1,500 to spend so is not a cheap cleaner I'm getting.

. Had to order a new pressure gauge too - found out mine had been left in place and now doesn’t read 0 when off. :(

That was my one snafu for the year. At least so far. Knock on wood... 2 years ago I bought a 2 pack of pressure gauges and so when my old one was no longer returning to 0 at the end of last season I just tossed it out thinking I'd install the 2nd one in the pack when I opened this year. Come this spring though I found out the 2nd one had been crushed in shipping and I hadn't noticed or bothered to check it when it arrived, so I was SoL for my planned opening time. Gotta love next day shipping though, so I'm up an running now.

My water's a balmy 56 degrees.. BRRRRR. But we had a few 70 degree days and an 80 degree day in the last few weeks, so there's a nice greenish tint to everything in the pool. So just started my SLAM, and hopefully I started soon enough to make it a relatively short one.

Reactions: Newdude
So - heater is on, originally to test and make sure the robot wasn't having issues with cold water (it wasn't, see thread here), but we were supposed to have an 80 degree day today (though it will be below 60 by the time I get home) so I left it on and put the railings and ladder in. Also opened the heater and cleared it out (nothing really in it but some leaves and dead small bugs). Still - pool solar cover is on, so hopefully it retains heat pretty well for when we do get warmer days.

Did more swimming over this last warm weekend.

Still don't have a robot. They shipped a replacement out last Wednesday from GA, which is normally a 2-day ship. Thursday I got a notification from FedEx that it was going to be delivered tomorrow (Friday), and it requires a signature. So this time I pre-emptively asked for it to be delivered to an on-site location (nearby Walgreens).

Friday rolls around - and it says that it won't be delivered until Saturday. OK, delay makes sense, I told them to deliver somewhere else (even if right near my house).

Saturday rolls around - and it says it's out for delivery but the due date is now Tuesday? That's strange. Call FedEx, no help at all. Due date changes to Saturday online midway through the day, but no delivery, then changes to Sunday.

Sunday - whole day goes by, no delivery notification, now says will deliver Monday.

Monday - whole day goes by, again no delivery notification, now says Tuesday.

If it doesn't deliver today I'm starting to think they lost the dang thing.

• Sad
Reactions: Mdragger88
Samething with mines. Out the blues I get a notification that we're by your house but need a signature... What! That was on a Thursday and will try again on Saturday. I called them and I say wait a minute. Don't try to deliver I'll pickup myself. Went by facility the same Thursday.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.