IceShadow Pool Opening 2021

Did u make the slurry or just dump it in? The slurry method is advised.
now that i have changed from zeo to sand I only use a cup or less. The psi rise takes a bit to show but if u use too much when it happens it will be substantial.

Did u make the slurry or just dump it in? The slurry method is advised.
now that i have changed from zeo to sand I only use a cup or less. The psi rise takes a bit to show but if u use too much when it happens it will be substantial.
We made a slurry. I could see it coming into my pump basket when my wife put it in the skimmer, and then the pressure gauge needle would wiggle a little. 3 cups sure seems like a lot though - but still, it didn't go up even a full PSI. I checked it a few hours later and it was at the same level, too.

Reactions: kimkats
@IceShadow is that showing off the addition of DE? If so, I’m contemplating adding DE to my sand filter and would like to know what your experience is. The photos are pretty awesome!
I think I need to do it more. There’s still particulate visible in that light at night. So I guess I haven’t seen the improvement yet. But I only added it a couple of times.

Reactions: CraigChing
Also, still having the issue with my pump where a couple of times an hour or so it shuts off, displays a 0021 error code, then restarts within seconds. I only notice because it goes to priming speed each time.

I'm contacting Pentair about it. I tried last year and we didn't really get anywhere. It still works, it just is annoying to have it spin up to high speed for 5 minutes a few times an hour.

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.