Ic40 always reads about 400ppm low

You can only have one speed for any circuit, but you can schedule pool circuit as often as you like.. Keep in mind that a full up EasyTouch only has 12 schedules and if you have an ET-lite (no load center) you will only have 4 schedules...

Go back and look at my speeds... If I turn on Pool and Waterfall at the same time, then my pump will run at 2800 RPM.. and because pool mode is on I will be making chlorine.

What I do is schedule Pool to be on for the entire time I want the pump to run that day, and then turn on or off Skim Low, Skim High, or waterfall to increase or decrease the speed the pump is running. I don't believe it makes sense to run the pump unless you are making chlorine..

I run my FC at my target or higher.. I never let my FC get anywhere near my minimum.. 3.2 is way low for me, although this time a year it does not make a lot of difference.

With a CYA of 70 my minimum is 3 ppm and my target is 5 ppm.. I run between 5 and 7 most of the time.. I never care if I go a little high but I never, ever let it get near 3 ppm.

Your cell should generate a 12 ppm increase in FC in your pool in 24 hours (.5 ppm/hr.) assuming the cell is set to 100% output.. To generate 3 ppm would take you 6 hours at 100%, or 12 hours at 50% output..

Thanks,

Jim R.

The system is designed on purpose to only turn on the SWCG when in the Pool mode or Spa mode..

You just don't have your speeds set up right. Set the lowest speed your ever want to run as Pool (or Spa), and then while leaving Pool (or Spa) on, start turning on additional speeds.

The pump will run the faster of the speeds the pump is told to run.. As an example here are my speeds...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Can you guide me to where this screen is on the panel?

You can only have one speed for any circuit, but you can schedule pool circuit as often as you like.. Keep in mind that a full up EasyTouch only has 12 schedules and if you have an ET-lite (no load center) you will only have 4 schedules...

Go back and look at my speeds... If I turn on Pool and Waterfall at the same time, then my pump will run at 2800 RPM.. and because pool mode is on I will be making chlorine.

What I do is schedule Pool to be on for the entire time I want the pump to run that day, and then turn on or off Skim Low, Skim High, or waterfall to increase or decrease the speed the pump is running. I don't believe it makes sense to run the pump unless you are making chlorine..

I run my FC at my target or higher.. I never let my FC get anywhere near my minimum.. 3.2 is way low for me, although this time a year it does not make a lot of difference.

With a CYA of 70 my minimum is 3 ppm and my target is 5 ppm.. I run between 5 and 7 most of the time.. I never care if I go a little high but I never, ever let it get near 3 ppm.

Your cell should generate a 12 ppm increase in FC in your pool in 24 hours (.5 ppm/hr.) assuming the cell is set to 100% output.. To generate 3 ppm would take you 6 hours at 100%, or 12 hours at 50% output..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks. I have up to 99 schedules. I think I have it...I will have both pool and 'high flow' feature scheduled to run at same time....Pool will activate swcg and high flow will override pool speed. If that makes any sense.

Correct. If your usage is 0.3 ppm FC per day.
Thanks. So if I am using average FC ppm per day of 3 and I go into pool math and current FC ppm is 3 and I want to increase it to 6 I need to run SWCG at 94% for 6 hours. So if I am losing 3ppm a day and I want to maintain a consistent FC level, I need to run SWCG at 94% for six hours a day.....is this correct?

Thanks. So if I am using average FC ppm per day of 3 and I go into pool math and current FC ppm is 3 and I want to increase it to 6 I need to run SWCG at 94% for 6 hours. So if I am losing 3ppm a day and I want to maintain a consistent FC level, I need to run SWCG at 94% for six hours a day.....is this correct?
Yes.
But I doubt your pool is consuming 3 ppm FC per day right now. It will as you approach summer, but right now it should be less than that.

Reactions: MCF50
You are fine at 40 ppm right now. When your water temperature reaches 60F and above consistently, start raising your CYA. I would suggest adding 10 ppm at a time, waiting a week, testing, and adding more until you reach ~70 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.