Kansas City
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have a ~1000 gallon spa that is currently on chlorine. When I asked about converting it over to salt, PB stated that he wasn't sure if it was possible because the IC20 might over chlorinate. Is this the case? I'd like to stick with Pentair since everything else I have is as well, but I'm open to other options if the IC20 is not appropriate for 1k gallons.

Welcome to TFP.

Show us pics of your spa equipment and plumbing.

Is your spa covered during the day when not in use?

How long do you circulate water in your spa for every day?

Welcome to TFP.

Show us pics of your spa equipment and plumbing.

Is your spa covered during the day when not in use?

How long do you circulate water in your spa for every day?
I do have a spa cover, but I don't think I plan on using it except in the winter and when there is heavy leaves/pollen falling.

It is currently set to circulate 24/7 at about 35 gpm.

Attachments

• 20230516_132546.jpg
    20230516_132546.jpg
    689 KB · Views: 7
An IC20 will work for you with the IntelliCenter. The IntelliCenter gives you 1% control of the cell. You will not been more then 1%-4%.

Each 1% on the IC20 will generate 0.8ppm of FC in your 1,000 gallon spa running for 24 hours.

How do you chlorinate your pool?

An IC20 will work for you with the IntelliCenter. The IntelliCenter gives you 1% control of the cell. You will not been more then 1%-4%.

Each 1% on the IC20 will generate 0.8ppm of FC in your 1,000 gallon spa running for 24 hours.

How do you chlorinate your pool?
Thanks. PB was using trichlor pucks but I've decided to take matters into my own hands and am now using LC until I can get a SWG.

And noted on the GFCI. I will get that checked out.

Do you intend to have two IntelliChlor systems connected to your IntelliCenter?

What personality boards do you have in your IntelliCenter?

Do you have an i10D system for dual bodies of water?

Do you intend to have two IntelliChlor systems connected to your IntelliCenter?

What personality boards do you have in your IntelliCenter?

Do you have an i10D system for dual bodies of water?
Yes, the intent is to have 2 separate IC units. I'm not sure what personality but it shows this:

Attachments

• 20230518_174645.jpg
    20230518_174645.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 8

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yup, you have an i10D with two independent panels and you should be able to put another IntelliChlor on OCP 2.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.