IAquaLink B00088 wireless issue

Jun 24, 2016
Morgan Hill
Hi there, had to change out my wireless router to a Netgear Orbi RBK43S due to Mesh ISP network. Everything in my home works fine on wireless. Streaming TV’s, computers, Ring ETC. NOTHING IS WIRED IN THE HOME AND THE SIGNAL BY THE IAQUALINK IS STRONG. I have always had to fight it when ever it went off line. I have up graded the antenna which is suppose to upgrade it to a 2.0. I’m having the problem with the WPS button that is suppose to be in the IAquaLink Unit. My unit doesn’t have one. Anyone have a fix? TIA

Attachments

• DSCN0770.JPG
    DSCN0770.JPG
    286.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0772.JPG
    DSCN0772.JPG
    390.5 KB · Views: 6
Hi AJ, new to this site so sorry for not posting correctly. My unit is the blue Aqualink B00088 that is what is posted on the cover. I did a antenna upgrade which I was told would upgrade it to a 2.0. I have had it for about 7-8 years when the digital wall display got to hard to read due to pixel’s burning out it was replaced with this unit. I use to run a program to get it on line with my laptop. USB to micro USB in the unit all was good then. My understanding is that is a 32 bit program. I understand that is no longer supported due to 64 bit technology. I did try downloading a program that was to run 32 bit programs but very techy way over my head. I actually contacted Zodiac support. They sent me all of the PDF’s and the ssi program which is 42 bit? I run all Apple equipment, Mac and Mac boob pro. I have a fairly good understanding of the high tech world. I’m not tech support though. Tomorrow I will shoot you a photo of the inside of the unit that has no WPS button with a yellow light. FYI me entire property is Wifi almost a quarter acre with nothing hard wired. I have wifi throughout the property no problem. Thanks for the reply and any help you can give me. I will try and post my specs tomorrow on my pool equipment tomorrow.

Can't you manually just set up the WiFi settings? WPS is nice but you should be able to just manually type in the settings using the Aqualink app. You might also be able to make another "guest" network with your new router that uses the old settings so your Aqualink would just connect without have to change anything. I did have an issue once with Aqualink because I was using an outdated cipher.

I believe you need to have the white iAquakink 2.0 device. I don’t know how an “antenna upgrade“ will make the blue device into a 2.0 device. You get the WPS button on the white unit. An change on the blue unit is not going to give you the WPS button.

What was involved in the “antenna upgrade“ that you did that left you with the blue device?

Jandy support may have given you new software but you are still running it through the old blue device.

Last edited:
Can't you manually just set up the WiFi settings? WPS is nice but you should be able to just manually type in the settings using the Aqualink app. You might also be able to make another "guest" network with your new router that uses the old settings so your Aqualink would just connect without have to change anything. I did have an issue once with Aqualink because I was using an outdated cipher.
My new router has the same wireless name and password as the old one. Everything in my network went right on the new router automatically. The IAquaLink App just has a red dot on it which I have refreshed a few dozen times and it just won’t cooperate. I can get as far as the amber light flashing but no green to get it online. It’s frustrating. But I will continue to battle it. Thanks for your reply.

Some of the older Jandy stuff does not support the newer security ciphers. Try downgrading your wireless wifi network to older, less secure stuff. If that works you can work your way up to the highest it will support. I use WPA2 with mine and I think it only supports 2.4GHz.

Being able to help you begins with understanding what you have. Jandy does not make it easy with confusing terminology. Let me try and get us all on the same page.

As were discussed above there are two versions of the iAqualink web connect device. I will call them Version 1 and Version 2. Version 1 has a blue label and version 2 has a white label.

The web connect device consist of a:
  • J box housing
  • PCB board with the electronics
  • an outside vertical antenna
Below are diagrams of the Version 1 and version 2 web connect devices.

The version 2 PCB board has the WPS button, the version 1 board does not. Version 1 only connected to WiFi using 2.4Ghz 802.11b protocol and used WEP, WPA or no encryption. Your WiFi router needs to be set to work with the Version 1 limitations.

I believe version 2 uses 2.6Ghz 8201.11g protocol on WiFi although I have yet to find a Jandy document that confims that. It does not appear to use 802.11n or ac or 5Ghz WiFi. The WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) button tried to simplify connecting to routers that support it. The other alternative is the WiFi Hotspot Method described in the iAqualink 2.0 Installation Manual.

If you have the blue box without the WPS button then you still have version 1 and need to follow the setup instructions in https://www.iaqualink.com/-/media/zodiac/global/downloads/h/h0364100.pdf?force=1

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's the version 2 white box.

Here's my WiFi and PDA antennas.

So explain to me why you need the old and the new web connect devices? The 2.0 box does not do all the version 1 box does plus more? What abilities does the 1.0 box give you when you have the 2.0 box?

So explain to me why you need the old and the new web connect devices? The 2.0 box does not do all the version 1 box does plus more? What abilities does the 1.0 box give you when you have the 2.0 box?

I only have the new WiFi antenna I have never had the old one. I still have the PDA as well the other antenna is for that.

I only have the new WiFi antenna I have never had the old one. I still have the PDA as well the other antenna is for that.

Can you show me a pic of the PDA box so I know the difference. I am trying to get unconfused about the wireless stuff.

I posted a few days ago about having some isues getting my Iaqualink back online. It's a B00088 which I was told by a service man when a black anttenta was added. I'm going to try and find my thread and post some photos for you. Here goes.

It's the version 2 white box.

Here's my WiFi and PDA antennas.

View attachment 135295
Can you post pics of your iAqualink unit that is missing the WPS button?

You sure you have the IAqualink 2.0 unit?

Which picture does your device look like?

I have posted some photos. I'm not use to navagating your site yet. I have been on other forums but having some learning curve here so please bare with me. I have went through settings and could not find a place to check a box or what ever you have to do to be notified by email when someone post on your thread. Is that possible?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.