IAquaLink 2.0

Aug 2, 2014
Glendale, AZ
I am having trouble with my IAquaLink 2.0. It has no power to it. Red light not on. I installed it in 2015 without any trouble. It stopped working all of a sudden. I know the 4 pin connector is working because my pentair vs pump connects on the same 4 pin and it is working. The rest of the board works fine. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 671082C2-19A5-406C-A81A-D80D3477DE4A.jpeg
    671082C2-19A5-406C-A81A-D80D3477DE4A.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 22
I’m new to the pool game and iAquaLink, but from a technology stand point I would guess since it’s 4 years old and been running 24/7 you might have an issue with your board.

Your picture is showing where the power is coming from, not where it’s going to. If the power on the controller side is working for other devices, I would check the power at the WiFi unit with a voltmeter. If power is getting there but not powering the device you have a bad board at the WiFi unit.

The IAquaLink device has no power. The picture was just showing it’s connection to the board. Thanks.

I am still confused what that black wire is doing where it is. That is not the power source for the Aqualink. You should have a breaker that supplies power to the Aqualink board.

THe black wire (which separates into a green and yellow wire) is the communication wire for my pentair variable speed pump. It has to get connected into that terminal this way so that you can control the pump with the jandy system. The vs pump control is working fine. I also have the wired connection with a panel to control the board from inside the home. So I can still control the board but I can't get the iaqualink to work because it does not have power. Maybe I will redo the wiring to make sure it is tight.

There seems to be some disconnect between what you are thinking and what ends up in the post. Any chance you could diagram this out for us?

vb,

So I take it that your only problem is no power to the antenna, correct? I believe power is supplied with a different wire to the antenna. The connector you are showing is only the RS 485 serial communications port. It does not supply power to the antenna. Have you verified the power wire? Could just be the connection degraded over time, or like mine earlier this year you had a lightning strike.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Thank you all for your thoughts. The antennae device does not have a separate power other than the rs485 connection as far as I know. The rs485 is a low voltage connection. Here is a diagram (picture). I apologize for any confusion I have caused. I am not sure how to check the voltage in the antenna box but I do have a voltmeter.

Attachments

• D48DAA2A-D956-44DA-9BF6-89E029620760.jpeg
    D48DAA2A-D956-44DA-9BF6-89E029620760.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 13

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Vb,

I can't believe I forgot that already. You're quite correct the antenna gets the power from the 485 connection. I believe it was about 10v. Just check the voltage at the terminal block on your RS board. Then check it at the corresponding colors inside the antenna. Let us know the readings you get

V,

The RS-485 connector has 15 volts DC on pin 4 (Red) and ground on pin 1 (Blk). For the iAqualink's red power light to be on, it needs to be connected to both the ground and 15 volts.

Jim R.

I checked with my voltmeter and it seems the readings I am getting at the terminal block on the RS board and the readings I am getting on the device are fairly different. I am guessing the board in the iaqualink is probably toasted. My device is about 5 years old so I suspect replacement is the only option here.

vb,

So, do you have the same voltage at the ends of the wires when not connected to the antenna as you do at the RS board? You should unless there's a problem with the wire. If the wire's good and you still have no power on the antenna you're close to where I was after my lightning strike. I actually had power but the RS 485 controller chip was fried. Jandy tech support verified I was on the server but not communicating any I/O. Since I'm not an authorized tech or dealer there wasn't much they could do beyond that. Parts like the antenna are still available from one online dealer ($359) and eBay at much lower but you'll get zero warranty due to Jandy's new policy for DIY and online sales. You may want to call your local Jandy authorized service company to see if they'll replace the antenna and at least get the warranty. I found them pretty good to work with.

I had other damage to my Jandy system from the lightning strike so dealer repair/replace was enough to make me switch to a Pentair system. If all you need is the antenna it might be a different decision for you.

Good luck.

Chris

V,

In theory, the voltage at the RS board and at the iaqualink board should be the same even if the iq board was bad.. I assume that the only thing connecting them is a four wire cable that is less than 100' long.. I would look for a broken wire, a loose connection, or corrosion at the connections... Make sure the cable has not been eaten through somewhere along the line..

Before I spent the money on a new iq board, I would cut back both ends of the cable, cut off a foot or so and reconnect.. this assumes you have enough extra cable.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.