I like my liquidator, it makes BBB super easy.

keithw, what is the 'footprint' size of the Liquidator? I am planning on installing one and creating some shade around it. Trying to figure out if I can set in on the existing pool equipment slab or not. TIA!

I am still using it. It still works great. I have just about forgotten now all about regular maintenance the pool and the chem levels are still great whenever I check them. I just fill the liquidator whenever it runs out. Have hada solr cover on for a few weeks now so have the CL flow almost off.

Sabot said:
Sorry, I can't review yet for my pool is not yet finished. Once all the equipment is tested and the pool water chem is stable, I will then put the Liquidator in service.

Oops...good point! I too am very interested in adding the liquidator to my system when it is complete.

Keith or any one else,

What strength of CL do you use?
I use the 12.5 % and run my 2sp filter 10 hours. I use about 1ppm with cover and 2ppm with out cover. So, I am assuming if I buy the Liquidator, I will have to dial it very low like Keith is doing.

Can you guys who have the Liquidator post what setting you have it on, how long your pump runs, what % of bleach and if you know who much bleach you use per day.

Don't know if this is thread Hijacking, let me know and I will start a new one.

Thanks

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I use standard generic 6% bleach. I put 4 gallons in at a pop. Right now I have the flow rate at it's very lowest, a trickle. Pool stays @ 3-5 ppm CL, have a blue solar cover on. Pool is 6700 gal, fiberglass. I refill every few weeks. I run my pump 6 hrs/day.

I am a pool newbie. I was looking at how the liquidator is connected. Do you have to actually drill holes into the plumbing to attach this device? What prevents the line from leaking? Is this something an average homeowner could do?

The liquidator sounds so easy. I guess I am kinda surprised more people aren't using it. What are the concerns and downsides?

Cost, sunlight degradation issues, mechanical failure...I am having a hard time thinking of many

Hello every one, my first post, and thanks to Chem Geek I bought a Liquidator. I've installed it 5 days ago and man I tell you, my water has not been as clear as now, and I mean never, never it looked like this, the wife is very impressed, is so sparkling I can see every little debris in the deep end...WoW, great product, the only thing is graduating the flow valve, right now I have 12 FC, up from 11 FC yesterday at the same time of day, so I'm closing it little by little trying to get it to 7.5 or 8 FC, I have the 4 gal. unit and the chlorine in the tank seems to be the same as when I filled it a week ago. I've made a box out of insulation material from Home depot (4x8 sheet of insulation material) I cut the panels and join them with metal tape, to protect against the sun, this unit is the best $150 ever spent in my pool....goodbye Leslie's pools... :-D

There you go. I hate to sound like a commissioned Liquidator saleman but I haven't seen any downside to mine yet. It is the best $140.00 that I have spent on pool equipment. I am considering one for my hot tub as well. I tried CL in my hot tub in the past and love the feel and smell over Bromine but found it difficult to maintain at stable levels.

minispider said:
I've made a box out of insulation material from Home depot (4x8 sheet of insulation material) I cut the panels and join them with metal tape, to protect against the sun :-D

A real issue for me. My equipment pad is in direct sunlight throughout the better part of the day. lt looks like your creation will shield nicely from the sun but are you concerned about increased temp and chlorine degradation? Does it get real hot in that box? Would you be willing to post a pic?

dlsdo said:
minispider said:
I've made a box out of insulation material from Home depot (4x8 sheet of insulation material) I cut the panels and join them with metal tape, to protect against the sun :-D

A real issue for me. My equipment pad is in direct sunlight throughout the better part of the day. lt looks like your creation will shield nicely from the sun but are you concerned about increased temp and chlorine degradation? Does it get real hot in that box? Would you be willing to post a pic?

I will post a pic for you. I've measured the temp inside the liquidator with a digital thermometer and it was 78.9 at 2 pm last Saturday, then at 5:30 pm and it was 78.6, so I think the shield is working. My box sits in the middle of the sun for about 6 hours and the temps inside are stable, mind you, I live in sunny south Florida, by the way the temp on Saturday was 91 deg here near Ft. Lauderdale. Best $ ever invested in my pool

minispider said:
dlsdo said:
minispider said:

I will post a pic for you. I've measured the temp inside the liquidator with a digital thermometer and it was 78.9 at 2 pm last Saturday, then at 5:30 pm and it was 78.6, so I think the shield is working. My box sits in the middle of the sun for about 6 hours and the temps inside are stable, mind you, I live in sunny south Florida, by the way the temp on Saturday was 91 deg here near Ft. Lauderdale. Best $ ever invested in my pool

Excellent!! Can't wait to see the pics. I thought it would be real hot inside. I thought......wrong!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.