Ok, I haven’t run the calculator yet, but one of the gentleman said to get 2.5 gallons. Will I need more today?
No.
The test kit you recommended has not arrived. I ordered it last night, so I imagine end of week.
Where did you order it from?
Will review info. Going to calculate the 5ppm daily amount now. Confirming you want me to add that and the resume normal filter ops on pool (once water is at a safe level)
Pour it SLOWLY, like a gallon over a minute, over a return, then brush it around. Maybe run the pump in recirculate for 6 hours, with the skimmer socks and see if you get anything. If you get stuff, keep it in recirc u

Where did you order the kit from?

Ok it looks like I can’t calculate needed chlorine unless I have the kit? Will another kit not work at this juncture? I’ve never used one, but I’m sure I can figure out. I have one here.
Correct, we need a FAS-DPD chlorine test. What kit do you have.

For the 5ppm for no, use poolmath to calculate 5ppm in your pool. You can confirm with me...

Copy everything you’ve just said. I ordered kit from the link you posted last night: tftestkits

I apologize about the pool math thing. It’s got a lot of things I don’t understand. When I try to use a more simple calculator it appears to be requiring current chlorine values in order to give me amount of chlorine in order to bring it up to 5ppm.

I’m sorry- don’t understand .

I said ADD 5ppm per day. LOL. This will stop algae GROWTH until you get your kit. They ship quick.

I promise you that you will be the master of your pool when we are done!

Yes. I am understanding that. How do you calculate what 5ppm is for an 18k gallon pool. I have literally never done this before and you’ve advised I use no source other than you to make decisions on this. Can you please tell me where this section is in the app you told me to use? Every section I see is how to elevate to 5ppm and it requires a value.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
d
Awesome Season 3 GIF by Billions

Well, hits keep coming unfortunately. Putting my multi valve in recirculate still forces water out the waste valve. So a gasket is damaged I’m guessing . I’m cooked for the day. Will try and figure tomorrow. I guess we could run a line from waste back into the pool and do a fake recirculate?

Yeah, give it a rest. Think it through tomorrow. At some point, were going to have to fire up the filter.

What are you getting in the socks?

OK, so I worked quick this morning and installed a new gasket and key assembly for the multi port Hayward valve. I have to let the silicone cure for 24 hours before I could turn the pump on.

That being said, I put chlorine in yesterday, but was not able to recirculate as the Hayward valve broke. Instead, I just agitated the water with a brush is best I could.

Knowing that I have another 24 hours before I can recirculate properly, should I do the 5ppm of chlorine again today at the same time and agitate with a brush?

Attachments

• IMG_9287.jpeg
    IMG_9287.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 1

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support