This test is the most reliable way to check for the presence of chlorine. If chlorine is present, the sample will turn some color. If it remains clear, there is no chlorine.
- Rinse the chlorine test cell with pool water.
- Fill the chlorine test cell with pool water to the mark.
- Add 5 drops of R-0600.
- Cap the test cell and invert to mix.
- Match the shade/saturation of yellow against the color chart.
- Dispose of the sample safely. It is best to pour it down the drain with the water running. Do not add it back to the pool.
- Rinse the chlorine test cell with tap water and store for next time.