The FAS-DPD chlorine test is used to find the level of Free Chlorine in the pool water. It uses a powder to show the presence of free chlorine in the sample pool water followed by liquid drops to determine the total amount of free chlorine in the sample of pool water. It is very important to know the amount of free chlorine in the pool water for swimmer safety and water cleanliness.(more…)
This test is the most reliable way to check for the presence of chlorine. If chlorine is present, the sample will turn some color. If it remains clear, there is no chlorine.
- Rinse the chlorine test cell with pool water.
- Fill the chlorine test cell with pool water to the mark.
- Add 5 drops of R-0600.
- Cap the test cell and invert to mix.
- Match the shade/saturation of yellow against the color chart.
- Dispose of the sample safely. It is best to pour it down the drain with the water running. Do not add it back to the pool.
- Rinse the chlorine test cell with tap water and store for next time.
Cyanuric Acid (CYA) is the chemical name for what is commonly referred to as Stabilizer or Conditioner. It helps to protect available Free Chlorine from the sun while also serving as a buffer to protect the swimmers from chlorine. Accurate testing of the CYA level is absolutely critical to proper pool care and is the one test that is most often performed incorrectly.(more…)