**I HAVE 7 DAYS to get water in good shape. Looking for advice!

So, the water is crystal clear and we only lost 1ppm overnight (FC was 12, dropped to 11).

Want to be sure I'm SLAMing correctly. What would be my next step(s).

How do you know how long to keep FC at shock level?

I was able to run down and grab some water from the pool - got some numbers! Not sure if it matters, but I did add 3 gallons of 10% shock and 1 gallon of regular bleach - not sure on %, an hour or so ago.

Here's what I've got:
FC: about 7
CC: about 3
PH: 7.2
TA: 80
CYA: <30 (all the way to the top - could still see black circle)
CH: 100

Are you sure your CYA is 30? On 5/15 you stated that CYA was <30 and you could see the black dot when the tube was filled all the way to the top. This indicates a CYA level of less than 30, possibly 0.

Are you sure your CYA is 30? On 5/15 you stated that CYA was <30 and you could see the black dot when the tube was filled all the way to the top. This indicates a CYA level of less than 30, possibly 0.

No - I'm not sure. I've only been checking FC (following the SLAM instructions).

I didn't realize I should check CYA levels again - I can this evening. If it's not at 30 do I need to add stabilizer?

Should I check levels on anything else just yet? Thanks!!

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, no stabilizer added.

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance someone can provide an "outline" of next steps? I don't want to mess anything up at this point :)

Yes! Check CYA and add Stabilizer to a sock and hang it in front of a return or set it in the top of the skimmer. I thought you added it already.

- - - Updated - - -

Next step for now if get Stablizer in there and go ahead and keep FC up today as well

Yes! Check CYA and add Stabilizer to a sock and hang it in front of a return or set it in the top of the skimmer. I thought you added it already.

- - - Updated - - -

Next step for now if get Stablizer in there and go ahead and keep FC up today as well

Ok - got it! I'll grab some Stabilizer on my way home and get it in there (after testing of course). And, I'll be sure to keep FC at shock level. Thanks, I appreciate it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
9pm Mon, FC down to 8. Pool math FC goal of 12 calling for 109oz of 10%. Added most of a 128% bottle. Will check FC level again around 10pm.

CYA level checked, <30 (black dot never disappeared). Not sure what the my CYA number is exactly? I'll go with 20 (I guess). With a goal of 30, pool math is calling for 29oz. Going to drop 25oz into a sock. Figured I'd play it safe - don't want to over do it.

Like always, if you have any input or advice please share! Thanks!

Did the CYA reagent/pool water solution get cloudy at least?

If it didn't get cloudy, I suggest you calc your dose to add 30 ppm.......you will not be too high and you will still be able to SLAM economically.

Once administered, it is safe to assume your CYA will be 40 and then adjust your SLAM value to that.

Did the CYA reagent/pool water solution get cloudy at least?

If it didn't get cloudy, I suggest you calc your dose to add 30 ppm.......you will not be too high and you will still be able to SLAM economically.

Once administered, it is safe to assume your CYA will be 40 and then adjust your SLAM value to that.

So you're saying to assume my CYA is 0 - correct? I have 25oz hanging right over the jet - got cloudy instantly. To calculate for 30 - I would need to add another 60oz. I can do that, just want to be sure and not screw anything up. With CYA of 40, my shock level FC is 16. Am I safe to do that?

10:15pm, FC back to 12. Going to hold off on adding more Stabilizer for now. Don't want to overdue it. Can someone let me know if I'm ok to add another 60oz (see post above).

Thanks!!!

What duraleigh is saying is did the cya test get cloudy at all? If it wasn't cloudy at all then there is no CYA in the pool. And your dose of 10ppm is not going to do much.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.