**I HAVE 7 DAYS to get water in good shape. Looking for advice!

FAS/DPD test just showed up! I tried a quick test and could not get the pink go back to clear 70+ drops (thinking that's bad sign and I'm an idiot). ****! I'm going try another. I'll sit down, take my time and re-post shortly.

With that much FC try using only 5ml of water and count each drop as 1 FC. If it is over 35 with your low CYA level then you will have to hope for some sunny days ahead to help burn it off quickly.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

Told ya' not to just up and throw a chlorine grenade at it!:)

There's a method to our madness.....or is that the other way around?:crazy:

Thanks - but honestly you told me after the fact. That doesn't really help.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried a second test. Stopped at 100 drops - still pink. Not worth wasting any more. I read somewhere that you really couldn't add too much shock. Yes, I know now that was stupid. Not sure what to do now.

Guess I'll go cut the grass.

Have you been brushing the pool once a day? You could do that again.

I actually thought of that after the OTO results - so already done. Thanks though :)

- - - Updated - - -

You will just have to wait it out. Hopefully you will get a lot of sun.

Yep. Mix of sun and clouds today. With some showers (not a wash out). Supposed to be nothing but sun for the week starting Tuesday. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Tried a second test. Stopped at 100 drops - still pink. Not worth wasting any more. I read somewhere that you really couldn't add too much shock. Yes, I know now that was stupid. Not sure what to do now.

This is a plaster pool right?

If so...Just let it ride is about all you can do. If there is much going on in the pool organic wise, you'll see it fall back down. Brushing as suggested is a good idea. Also, can you Bypass the heater? If so, I would.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OP, from one (while slightly less now) frustrated pool owner to another, you have to listen to what these guys and ladies tell you. I came too late, and didnt get ours ready in time for my baby's birthday party, but made more progress in just a few days than I had in 2 weeks listening to the pool store. Getting the kit they suggested, and reading pool school has been one of the most empowering things I have done for myself regarding this pool. Do yourself a favor... get the kit, read pool school, and the abc's. They will get you on track. I may be speaking out of turn here because I am still a noob as well, and if so Im sorry.

Encouragement is always welcome!

I actually thought of that after the OTO results - so already done. Thanks though :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. Mix of sun and clouds today. With some showers (not a wash out). Supposed to be nothing but sun for the week starting Tuesday. Thanks!

Hurry and get that lawn mowed. Rain is headed your way. It has been raining in my area for about an hour and it is headed your way.

This is a plaster pool right?

If so...Just let it ride is about all you can do. If there is much going on in the pool organic wise, you'll see it fall back down. Brushing as suggested is a good idea. Also, can you Bypass the heater? If so, I would.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure. This is probably a dumb question - but how can you tell? Are you talking about the pool or the liner? I'm new to this - sorry. I think it's poured.

- - - Updated - - -

Encouragement is always welcome!

Totally agree. Thank you both!!

- - - Updated - - -

Hurry and get that lawn mowed. Rain is headed your way. It has been raining in my area for about an hour and it is headed your way.

Ha - done just in time!

To be honest, I'm not quite sure. This is probably a dumb question - but how can you tell? Are you talking about the pool or the liner? I'm new to this - sorry. I think it's poured.

Generally you can spot a vinyl lined pool by the fake tiling or decoration around the walls and surface of the pool. But...that said, I've seen pics on here that are very confusing becuase the pool was altered in some way to mix together different pool elements...so it could be cement with fiberglass or vinyl or whoknowswhat? Does your pool have an obviously fake printed tile work on the edge by the coping?

- - - Updated - - -

On May 13 in your other thread, I told you to add one bottle of bleach per day ... so you were warned. ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.