I finally get to post a thread here!! Renovating pool and yard

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of your picks!

With the waterline tile make sure togo through the boxes to make sure there are not any ugly ones. Don't think there will be with your pick but better safe than sorry.

What color of grout are you going to use?

I am like your husband. I need to see it like you did it to really see it. I envy those that can see it in their head. That is so NOT me! LOL

Instead of a time line done a check list on the fridge. Check off each item as it is done.

Yay for having something done! It's such a relief when you start making progress. I pray you have patience while you wait 😁.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of your picks!

With the waterline tile make sure togo through the boxes to make sure there are not any ugly ones. Don't think there will be with your pick but better safe than sorry.

What color of grout are you going to use?

I am like your husband. I need to see it like you did it to really see it. I envy those that can see it in their head. That is so NOT me! LOL

Instead of a time line done a check list on the fridge. Check off each item as it is done.
My husband can't visualize anything either. Sometimes I wish I didn't have the whole vision in my head because then I wouldn't be so disappointed when I hand to change courses and I don't want to.
So I'll ask this question for those of you who can't visualize: when you read, do you see what you're reading in your head line a movie or not? I have a very vivid image of a book I'm reading and of the characters. My husband does not. I also see numbers when I do math. The number lines are very specific and have been that way my whole life. I also see a calendar when I'm doing something with dates. So for those who don't visualize how a pool is going to look, do you do any of that with other things? My husband doesn't and neither do the others we've talked to about it. I think they all go together but I'd love more on my theory.

For my husband he does fine reading, he just can't put something together like I can look at my kitchen and visualize it with new stuff but he can't even if he has a picture as an example he can't "relate" it to his area

Reactions: Nikilyn
I have to see it to understand it and know how to do it. I have to see a phone number or name written down to remember it. In school I would write notes from the lecture THEN would have to rewrite them so I could read them later LOL Books I had to highlight important areas then re-write it to make it stick in my brain.

Today has been busy, electrician came out and fixed that outlet at the equipment pad that the previous owner's just ripped out & left exposed wires so we now have a gfci outlet over there

next plumber came as I wanted another outdoor spigot somewhere and to possibly increase our water pressure so now I have another hose bib out back Yay!!!!D83DA027-5A57-4014-8ACA-357E52FCF3DC.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: kimkats and Nikilyn

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My husband can't visualize anything either. Sometimes I wish I didn't have the whole vision in my head because then I wouldn't be so disappointed when I hand to change courses and I don't want to.
So I'll ask this question for those of you who can't visualize: when you read, do you see what you're reading in your head line a movie or not? I have a very vivid image of a book I'm reading and of the characters. My husband does not. I also see numbers when I do math. The number lines are very specific and have been that way my whole life. I also see a calendar when I'm doing something with dates. So for those who don't visualize how a pool is going to look, do you do any of that with other things? My husband doesn't and neither do the others we've talked to about it. I think they all go together but I'd love more on my theory.
Sorry just catching up on your wonderful thread.
I can visualise shapes (and spaces) really easily but not colours. I’ve just designed my own house (I’m a software engineer by trade!) and had to teach myself 3D modelling so I could add the colour to visualise it.
(the 3D modelling skills also became really useful when I could knock up some visualisations for the builders to *make sure* I got what I wanted)
Interestingly my wife couldn’t visualise stuff even with the models.

Reactions: Nikilyn

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.