I finally get to post a thread here!! Renovating pool and yard

So close!!! Going to be a hard few nights sleep until the meeting! It will be like waiting on Santa to show up!! LOL

yup last two nights have been restless sleep lol so today I told the clan that we are spending the afternoon out back doing yard cleanup on things we have procrastinated about lol

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats
This weekend we ordered patio furniture and cleaned up the back yard, the previous owners left like 10 old non usable water hoses scattered all over the place, so we got those out and thrown away and some sort of compost bin too that was nothing but an eyesore... Got all the trash picked up and now I can go back to watering the dirt area where the grass will start growing again soon some patches already started growing after the rain we got recently. My husband and son also fixed the float / towel holder that I got last year that was just pvc pipe and came apart from the sun and heat here so they decided to glue it LOL All in all little projects going on preparing for the bigger ones to come. Oh Hubby hung my hooks finally for the poles too... today we put together the small shed we got...

• Love
Reactions: kimkats and Nikilyn
I understand what you mean about giving up trying to figure them out. In 2008 we bought a short sale house. They had taken all of the light fixtures down except the bathroom ones. They took the kitchen cabinets out and the downstairs bathroom cabinet out. The counters were leaning against the wall in the family room. They cut out all of the plugs in the kitchen. Thankfully my husband was an electrician so that was free to fix. They also cut the pipes to the water softener. But the house looked virtually unlived in otherwise. None of the cabinets looked like they had ever been used. The only room in the house that had furniture marks was the downstairs den and it was the only bedroom that had minimal water marks. It was the strangest thing ever. I really wish I could have found out the story on that one but none of the neighbors knew. Just that one renter was in it for just a little while. 🤷‍♀️

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So today is our meeting with our final choice will hopefully hammer out all the details & make sure we are all on the same page 40 min left lol Once that is done I will update here on all decisions etc..

Reactions: Nikilyn
What cute sweet faces! Lovely German shepherds. I bet you feel safe with them. Do they enjoy the water?
I really wish I could have found out the story on that one but none of the neighbors knew. Just that one renter was in it for just a little while. 🤷‍♀️
Maybe the renter slept in his computer chair. A workaholic or a gamer. Definitely a bachelor and male. No female I know would live like that.

I remember when we walked through a house we later bought. The owner was a single guy that traveled a lot. He had a few belts scattered across the master bedroom floor. Two things in the pantry. One was a bag of rice. Yes, very strange.

• Haha
Reactions: Nikilyn
What cute sweet faces! Lovely German shepherds. I bet you feel safe with them. Do they enjoy the water?

swimming no, they love to hang out on the shelf which is why I need the fence lol cuz my girl there(sitting by pool) will come out to potty & get on the shelf trying to come inside wet 😂😂 brat

Meeting went well, we went over what we will be doing & not doing to stay inside the budget I want... I gave up things to gain my little decking space of travertine so it was just a matter of compromising but I am happy with the final decisions so far,

we will go up to the showroom saturday morning to make all our selections, sign, pay deposit and schedule it on the books

I understand what you mean about giving up trying to figure them out. In 2008 we bought a short sale house. They had taken all of the light fixtures down except the bathroom ones. They took the kitchen cabinets out and the downstairs bathroom cabinet out. The counters were leaning against the wall in the family room. They cut out all of the plugs in the kitchen. Thankfully my husband was an electrician so that was free to fix. They also cut the pipes to the water softener. But the house looked virtually unlived in otherwise. None of the cabinets looked like they had ever been used. The only room in the house that had furniture marks was the downstairs den and it was the only bedroom that had minimal water marks. It was the strangest thing ever. I really wish I could have found out the story on that one but none of the neighbors knew. Just that one renter was in it for just a little while. 🤷‍♀️

Almost makes me wonder if the house was a new build or newly reno'd and then they never paid. So the contractor/cabinet maker came and took the cabinets back to reuse on another job. (Counters would be harder to reuse as they are cut to fit.) Plugs cut out is weird, but maybe the contractor/electrician figured it was a few seconds with a mini-impact to buzz the screws.

Who knows???!!!!

Andrew

@Andrew_D It was a new build in a subdivision. We just put the cabinets back in and the counters back on. The plugs were all in a box and there was just barely enough wire to put them back. The imagination can think of so many strange reasons why any of it was done 😜.

Reactions: Andrew_D
Ok figured I would update all the finalized info, we signed contrsct yesterday (2/6/2021) here are the final details of that

$25,328
Paid 50% deposit
Next will be $5,000 after chipout
Then $5,000 after travertine
Balance at completion

work being done:
  1. drain
  2. Full chip out
  3. Pressure test everything
  4. Repairs as needed
  5. Removal old tile
  6. New waterline tile / raised wall tile / step & ledge tile
  7. Mosaic turtle
  8. Waterfall bench
  9. Redo plumbing & label
  10. 420 cartridge filter
  11. Handrail
  12. Small travertine deck
  13. Fix and replace light, normal light
  14. Clean current decking
  15. Baja mini pebble sky blue cobolt
  16. Sapphire blend glass bead

17. adding images of selections
  18. Plaster pebble: baja mini pebble in skyblue cobolt
    FFA614B0-B666-4EE0-96DF-FB30C5879826.jpeg
    Sapphire blend beads adding
    CD4060A2-66F4-40D4-892A-84B761FC9100.jpeg
    Waterline tile
    23512721-048A-4D85-A1C1-250D64677670.jpeg
    tile for raised walls, shelf edge
    3B5C6EB6-774C-459F-B50A-A36592955737.jpeg
  19. the travertine we selected "walnut"
    EB1EA983-D418-415C-BC78-4D3A228AD8C8.png
    Only way I could show my DH where travertine area would be
    EE5F6842-40F8-4789-9ECD-445AFD2240E8.jpeg

Oh and scheduling he said is sbout 6 weeks out & he estimates about 5 -6 weeks to complete. That puts us starting Mar 27-Apr 3 and finishing Mid May, I'm ok with this timeline light at the end of tunnel

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.