I finally get to post a thread here!! Renovating pool and yard

We loves you too!
Teddy Bear Hug GIF

• Love
Reactions: clambert1273
Fantastic! Hope it was a good inaugural session. :D :paddle:

All our rainwater lowered the water temp here to 78°, so got in only to the bottom of my shorts... I'm a wimp. 😝

• Haha
Now my stupid question for the week lol is it OK that we have no plaster dust? Every time I brush, Nada lol filter is doing good.. their "start up" comes today to check everything and install handrail & fixtures. I also found original parts to my crappy skimmer so I am having them install the weir door I bought and my real skimmer basket will be here in a few days.. not sure I will know what to do with a real working skimmer that doesn't need some contraption to operate

It is not unheard of to not have any "visible" plaster dust with a new pebble type finish. Just keep brushing like you know you should.

As for their start up guy... don't let them put anything in the pool you don't want them to put in. If in doubt, ask here first.

• Love
It is not unheard of to not have any "visible" plaster dust with a new pebble type finish. Just keep brushing like you know you should.

As for their start up guy... don't let them put anything in the pool you don't want them to put in. If in doubt, ask here first.

nope im not letting them do chems lol tomorrow will be cya/chlorine

Since I have a while before I can use swg, when I add cya tomorrow should I shoot for 40 or 50? I will be dosing the next 30 days but being where im at, If I was doing this all the time, I would probably run my cya at 60 given the constant sun

So startup guy is here and he's pretty cool! I have a working skimmer now 😁😁 and he was impressed with my water knowledge and while he had a taylor kit he wanted to play with mine so I let him 😂😂 he's just gonna put some cya in today & chlorine. He told me to keep just doing what im doing cuz its great

• Love
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Exactly! Want me to ship you some humidity to go with? 😂
No thank you! My son is on Ohio and he can’t wait to come home because he can’t stand the humidity. He said he would much rather have our higher heat without the humidity than the lower temps with it.

All in all, i am super happy.. after dark we are going to see what our new pool light makes it look like. We've never had a pool light before lol so we are all really excited to see it. Tomorrow I start really balancing & will do our first manual vac run. So far the filter pressure is holding steady.. I can't believe how giddy I am over a working skimmer

You didn’t have a light? Was it burned out or not installed? Have you had to manually skim the pool the whole time you’ve lived there 😱?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.