I don't see how you guys do it

A co-worker of mine came in one morning complaining about her green pool, the cost of algaecide, chlorine pucks, and on and on. She also asked me "Do you know how much that stuff costs?" I said "Nope. Haven't used that stuff in 4 years. No need to." I explained TFP and she was all about getting onboard. The next day she said her husband went to the site and declared that he wasn't going to read all that and was not going to spend $70 on a test kit. She, however, was still amp'd about the TFP way. I tested their water twice. Yep--problems aplenty. Gave here some guidance and told her I would continue to help IF she would invest in a good test kit. (I have the tf100 and speedstir. Love it.) I had the good fortune of lurking TFP and doing ALOT of reading before I joined up just before the 2011 pool season. So I was armed and ready and full of new pool knowledge. Some of the new folks won't take the time to find out WHY they are having issues or WHAT is causing these issues. They just want a nice pool. Tim5055 was quite spot on I think we he said that many are overwhelmed. I know that I was! I posted a few questions now and then and as always the responses were quick and informative. So, to the new folks out there--read the articles. Read a bunch of posts. Re-read the articles. It will all make PERFECT sense. Get a good test kit. Many of us use and love the tf100. Make testing fun and easier and grab a Speedstir, too! Sorry to ramble on. Gotta go test my water now. Probably about perfect, as usual, since I went the TFP way in 2011.

I was just approached by a co-worker last month when their pool started going green and nothing the pool store sold them ($260 and going up) did any good. She remembered what i had said about TFP and my test kit. I had offered to come over to test their pool but they were not interested "That is a lot of work to test and add some thing every day"

Wellllllllllll when I went over last month her water was SO out of wack it was not even funny! Their CYA was over 300! Ph, TA high as the sky. NO Fc of course.....The water was so cloudy I could not see the top step and green!

I gave them a shopping list that included the TF-100 and link to the web site. They said they were going to buy the Taylor 2006 at our local pool store and stock up on bleach and MA.

They say it is working. Of course they had to get more reagents but............at least they are on their way.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.