Hurricane preparation

Thank you! Will do!
Hey everyone I have been busy helping my friend’s family with cleaning the yuck from their house after getting about 4ft in one house and a foot in the other so I was relying on my family to get the pool back. NOT TOO MUCH HAPPENED 🤬 lol
So I started it on Friday and with working overtime to catch up at work I don’t have the same time I used to.
so my question is since I’m at the cloudy stage I know we typically stay away from floc and clarifier but I don’t have enough hours in the day right now. So I’m in need of some honest or brutal 🙃opinions! Which one I should use if I decide to go that route? My dad got Clorox clarifier but that means possibly vacuuming in almost darkness and we all know how that’s going to end up. Half… you know. So do I try floc in a few days or clarifier if I don’t get it cleared up?
I’m bracing for the facts but I’ll be embarrassing everyone’s opinion one way or another! Thanks!

We have an AGP. I don’t want to drain the pool. Honestly we still have standing water between the hurricane and the rain. I don’t think we can tolerate anymore water for now. However I’m happy with the progress considering it only took me 2 days to get it to being blueish cloudy water with a reading of .5 CC. As I’m writing this I’m realizing that I probably am just so used to being home and dealing with the pool every other hour and now that I’m back to work I’m overthinking things. I will not add anything unless I get to Sunday and it’s not back to normal. I’m sorry about all this! I guess not being able to talk things out with someone and asking y’all for input made me wake up to realize it’s only been a few days and I’m being inpatient. Due to not being here 24/7 just mean it will take me an extra day or 2. Again I’m sorry to post my panicked thoughts when I just need to keep the SLAM going and let it do what it does! Thank you for reply and helping me get level headed to see that this is no different from any other time. I guess my time away from doing it around the clock is wearing on my mind and I need to accept the cloudy part takes the longest with my sand filter. I appreciate your time and replies!

If you have all the debris out you can use an auto vacuum, like a Barracuda, and keep the pool running 24/7 while you slam. If you can manage to dose the water 4 times a day and backwash when needed it will clear without flocc. I don't know if clarifier would help much and flocc takes a lot of time to vacuum out over several days. You also have to vacuum flocc to waste so that is not going to help the ground saturation issue.

At the cloudy blue stage you can add some DE filter media to the sand filter to help boost filtration. Only add enough DE to add 1 pound of pressure on the filter pressure gauge, usually about a cup of DE. Add it after every backwash until the pool is clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.