Howdy.. Another new pool in Texas

After a month in hold we picked coping, decking and tiles....we are going with all glass tiles for the waterline , raised walls (rectangular) and columns (1×1)...light travertine for coping and the darker one for the deck....CcJMcTbw-256810250.jpg
They should start next week with laying tiles.
The PB thinks that in 2 weeks the subs that do the gazebo will start working and we can start with that and the deck (fingers crossed)

Love how you are doing the coping and decking different colors. I love how that looks! Helps really make the pool be the accent piece!

Now lets talk about MY tiles................oh the BLING!!! LOVE the BLING!!! What color of mortar are you thinking? How about the grout? White will make each tile stand out where light gray will help them blend in together. Both are very pretty so there is no wrong answer.

That 1x1 tile.............I want to see it better please.....is it raised? Are those the only shapes in all of the tile or are there more? I want to dig through to box when those come in to play with!!

Kim:kim:

Love how you are doing the coping and decking different colors. I love how that looks! Helps really make the pool be the accent piece!

Now lets talk about MY tiles................oh the BLING!!! LOVE the BLING!!! What color of mortar are you thinking? How about the grout? White will make each tile stand out where light gray will help them blend in together. Both are very pretty so there is no wrong answer.

That 1x1 tile.............I want to see it better please.....is it raised? Are those the only shapes in all of the tile or are there more? I want to dig through to box when those come in to play with!!

I think we are leaning towards a gray grout.
The 1x1 tile in person didn’t look anything like the pictures, but it grew on us. They have a texture and depending on the light the “raised” area changes color. We are hoping it will all blend in....

Reactions: kimkats
I want to get you guys opinion on the mini-pebbles. Originally in the contract we had Wet edge satin , which is a small pebble only. But now Wet edge doesn't have that anymore they have a "Signature matrix" which is a blend of small and large pebbles (as well as other mixtures but none with only small pebbles). The PB offered stonescapes which they do have a line of mini-pebble.
I know most of you say it depends on the installing crew. But considering a capable crew in both instances would you go with Wet Edge, Stonescapes, Pebble sheen?
We are more interested on how smooth the pebbles feel. Small pebble vs large pebble vs combination.
Our pool is not going to be deep 4'-5'6" so we will have a lot of contact with the pebbles.

I think I have a new fav tile!! That darker, crazy pattern tile is OUTSTANDING!!! The other tile is very pretty also but many that pattern tile is SO eye catching!! I can't wait to see what it looks like with the water and sun bouncing off of it!!

Reactions: Locotl
I want to get you guys opinion on the mini-pebbles. Originally in the contract we had Wet edge satin , which is a small pebble only. But now Wet edge doesn't have that anymore they have a "Signature matrix" which is a blend of small and large pebbles (as well as other mixtures but none with only small pebbles). The PB offered stonescapes which they do have a line of mini-pebble.
I know most of you say it depends on the installing crew. But considering a capable crew in both instances would you go with Wet Edge, Stonescapes, Pebble sheen?
We are more interested on how smooth the pebbles feel. Small pebble vs large pebble vs combination.
Our pool is not going to be deep 4'-5'6" so we will have a lot of contact with the pebbles.

Tough subject because many people are happy with each finish. Your PB should be able to help touch/feel/see some real life samples of each so you can decide for yourself. I’ve got pebblesheen and love it, but you really should try to sample each to get an idea of the work your PB’s sub do.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Day #91
Plaster day.... Wet Edge's Primera Stone the color is Sapphire Treasure
Start..IMG-20200618-WA0003.jpgIMG-20200618-WA0008.jpg

End of plaster
20200618_142538.jpg20200618_142505.jpg
Its really blue..... tomorrow they'll buff the pebble plaster to a smooth finish and we'll start filling the pool...

Anyone have experience with Primera Stone start up?
My PB says that he won't be adding any acid until Monday ..... and that if the pool pump is not started the pH should not climb up. Plastering company is adding Startup-Tec while pool filling (supposedly helps to reduce brushing/dust).
Main concern is that pool will be filled Saturday and filled pool from Saturday to Monday (maybe Tuesday) pump will be off and no chemicals will be added. Is that normal? My PB says that hes done that regularly without problems ...

Congrats!!! An exciting day for sure. You may know this already but just in case, your water will have a greenish tint to it when filled up but it will go away in a day or two after start up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.