Howdy.. Another new pool in Texas

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Just keep an eye on them with your test kit. Can you please add the kit you have to your signature?

The color will only get better as it cures and balances! I LOVE how it looks now!

Locotl

Gold Supporter
Oct 23, 2019
Texas
Need some help...
Last week we filled our pool and as noted previously I was really impressed by how "clear" the water was... well it rained all of last week and by the time they finally "started" the chemicals my pool had a green tint to it. Now its "blue" but its still "cloudy". I've kept a close eye on my pool levels sometimes checking it 3x/day. So I know my PH was never crazy out of whack. My biggest challenge has been to keep the CH up (I've used a 25lb bucket in 3 days). 20200627_082451.jpg
Latest #s
PH 7.5
CH 275
TA 110
CL 2

Locotl

Gold Supporter
Oct 23, 2019
Texas
What is your CYA? THAT is going to be the base for our answers.
CYA30
Pool also tested negative for CCs combined chloramines.
Did overnight chlorine test and it held up...
After last night's robot cleaning pool is a lot clearer... I think its turning around...

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
My guess is those first few days without chlorine did it - algae. Weather is warm now and with no chlorine in the water it's an open door for algae very quickly. Unfortunately you can't even perform a SLAM Process right now for 30 days with a new pool still curing. I would just keep the FC and CYA balanced as noted on the FC/CYA Chart. You should be fine on the upper end of the regular FC target scale, but don't go to SLAM level for 30 days.

Reactions: Locotl