Notauser

Jun 3, 2020
Gainesville, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a Hayward 300lb sand filter with the multi port valve on top. When the installer put it and the pump in last year it looks like everything is hard plumbed in. I didn’t really notice until started sizing up how to do a filter deep clean in preparation for the season.

So how can I deep clean my filter? Is there some sort of removable PVC fittings I can switch to so I don’t have to cut and glue new plumbing each year?E1D13AB7-44DD-4871-8B51-5C0E963984C3.jpeg4D2D0124-CA74-4DDF-810C-C2F047ACEAAC.jpegB8DED9F1-C560-4079-B5F9-D759AE422C66.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Apsuhead
That is what I was looking for, thank you. So the white part gets glued into the current plumbing, and the black threaded part threads into the pump and filter correct? Then as long as I get the alignment correct and keep the o-rings lubed everything should seal up right?

Not,

I am not a sand filter guy, but if the filter is only a year old, I would not think that you would need a "deep" cleaning so soon.. :scratch:

Why do you believe that your filter needs it??

And.. I agree 100% on the unions..

Thanks,

Jim R.

From what I understood from the other articles on here you should do it each year before opening. Plus last year I manually vacuumed the pool each week through the skimmer, but this year I'll have the Warrior SE automatic cleaner. So my thought was if I wasn't going to be putting that much debris though the filter this year, why not clean it before the season starts. But I'm open to suggestions.

Personal call really. Doing so obviously requires a little work and modification, but once done it's done. The sand can always use a little "TLC" in the form of fluffing it up and removing any gunk that may have settled. Having quick access to the inside is always a good thing. Shame the installers didn't think of the owner, much like car engineers don't always think of the mechanic later. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.